Clothing

Academy
Mack's Prairie Wings
Cabela's/Bass Pro

Duck hunting is one of those activities where you can spend as much or as little as you want. Tell that duck killer to dress in layers 'cause toting that gear in the mud is work and cooling off that sweat when you finally get settled in the blind will freeze ya'.

Check out Rogers Sporting Goods. They have a variety of different wader options depending on what you want based on features and budget. I ordered my set online from there and they were true to the sizing guide. I don't hunt ducks that often so a $1000 Sitka set just wasn't something I could justify.

Ebay and poshmark will have some screaming deals occasionally tags still on. Sitka rain gear is the best I've found, the delta wading jacket will truly keep you dry. Spending money on waterproof stuff you can use less expensive insulating layers.

Don't be afraid to look elsewhere for under layers. Only the outer layer needs to be cammo. Ski/snowboard and mountaineering clothing works awesome and it's always on sale up to 40% off in the spring.

Thanks guys ill check them out . his birthday is next month the drake 3-1 coat he sent me a pic of is $300 guess ill be working over time for awhile 🙃

For duck hunting I went and bought a $100 pair of waders from Cabela's. The rest of my hunting I fear is versatile enough that I can wear it while duck hunting. You don't need special gear, aside from the waterproof stuff.

Just make sure his clothing is capable of helping rewarm his core if the worst case scenario happens.

Ask me how I know, 11º air temps and water temps below 40º can lead to catastrophic results if you are not wearing the proper clothing.

Clothing recommendations

Roger's Sporting Goods, Mack's PW are good places to get house brand clothing that is affordable and works. Don't put a set of waders on unless they have a belt and always use the belt. Synthetics and wool are your friends, synthetics over wool are my go to. Don't scrimp on the base layer, quality layers next to your skin will make a miserable hunt tolerable.

Cabela's used to make a heavy wool base layer top and bottom that were too warm in temps above 40º unless it was snowing/sleeting/raining and then it was perfect. I bought 2 sets and I wore a set out and I am a few years in on the 2nd set. Going to be a tough day when the 2nd set is gone, may quit hunting ducks altogether.

PM his sizes, I may have some waders and other stuff he can have if they'll fit him. They may not be the latest greatest but they don't leak and they work.

Academy
Mack's Prairie Wings
Cabela's/Bass Pro

Duck hunting is one of those activities where you can spend as much or as little as you want. Tell that duck killer to dress in layers 'cause toting that gear in the mud is work and cooling off that sweat when you finally get settled in the blind will freeze ya'.
And, Don't buy any outerwear that is not waterproof. Even on pretty days, the dog will get you wet, everything around you will be or get wet, etc. Look for sales on last year's patterns, etc. I like Banded stuff the best. Drake's is heavy, and cut funny for wingshooting.