Clearidge XP5 2.5x12-42 review

ourabmen

Just got the scope mounted and did some initial static comparisons of this scope along side a Zeiss Conquest 3x9-40. At first glance the scope appears well made, parallax adjustment is very smooth, power ring is smooth. The German #4 reticle is very nice. Turret adjustments are good with positive clicks. I love the turret dial knobs, reminds me of the Leopold M2 style.

Time at viewing we 2000 hours CST. The XP5 scope image is very clear edge to edge, brightness is very good, but the Zeiss is brighter. Image clarity to my eyes was a toss up between the two.

I am going to the range to zero the XP5 in on a remmy 700 25-06. I'll reivse after a trip to the range.

All in all, it appears that the XP5 is a very nice price value if your looking for a scope with M2 style 1/4 MOA dials and in this power range. For $519.00 delivered from the Optic Zone, I could not be more pleased initially.

OUrabmen

Good to know, I've been thinking about picking one up for a small caliber.

Keep us posted we all want to know how well it tracks.

it truely is about the repeatable tracking. of all the qualities a scope has, image clarity, magnification, hot shot reticles, they pale in comparison to it's ability to track. without repeatable tracking, we have nothing.

Has anyone tried this scope out on a large caliber rifle? Or a light but heavy kicking rifle? How are the internals?

I have used it on a 6.5x284 and it performed just fine.

Even tracking....seems plenty of people say they are good scopes but have yet to see or hear of a box test. Its not a flame but really the only thing I need to know.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.