Chukar hunting

Greg Duerr

Had a great year chukar hunting in Nevada.................I found a great spot about 90 miles north of Reno.......

Really easy hunting rolling sage hills with lots of Birds.....
I had two 11 covey days, my Pudel pointer "Sam" was great .........even had some great shooting with my 28ga.

Looking forward to next fall and spending time up there in the wall tent..........

I will be working four tens and so will have a three day weekend every week.

Greg

Had a great year chukar hunting in Nevada.................I found a great spot about 90 miles north of Reno.......

Really easy hunting rolling sage hills with lots of Birds.....
I had two 11 covey days, my Pudel pointer "Sam" was great .........even had some great shooting with my 28ga.

Looking forward to next fall and spending time up there in the wall tent..........

I will be working four tens and so will have a three day weekend every week.

Greg

That sounds fantastic. Love the Reno area. See any deer?

Sounds great!
UliChuckar10-7-05a.jpg

I like the Huns as well.
Hun9-15-2007002.jpg

How do you like your Cynergy? We get into Huns to....................up north around McDermitt, NV.................I shoot a 20ga 7/8 oz 7 or 7 1/2 If the birds are wild I go with a 1oz of 61/2

I see lots of Deer and some really nice Bucks..................we saw one that was well over 30inches..................area 042 is where we hunt.

I hunt with a Pudel Pointer.............................how do you like your shorthair?

Greg

That sounds great would love to hunt them up there, we only have penraised birds here. How do you like your Pudel I have looked at them but don't know anyone who has ever been around one.

I have owned two wirehairs in the past and I can be honest and tell you that this dog is the best dog I have ever hunted over................It took me a while to get use to his nose.............and trust him when he went on point. Finding out that at times he was pointing birds at over 100 yards. I have NEVER had a dog that could find birds like this one, Sam is a bird finding machine. I hunted with a guy that has a short hair................same found 9 coveys that day coveys that his dog never winded.
I got same from www.cedarwoodgundogs.com He has a one year money back on all his dogs if you dont like them....................no questions asked. He is also a super water dog and is like my last Lab.............a super water retriever...................Chukar hunting is so much more enjoyable hunting with Sam..................

Greg

Yes, I trained him myself.........................Sam is really smart and wants to please so training him myself was a lot easier. He had such prey drive and loves to retrieve.....................Its hard to keep him out of the water. An added bonus is that when he is in his kennel he spends the whole day sleeping, you would never know he was in there.......................But take him out hunting and he is a hunting fool..........He does know how to turn it off at home.

Greg

Sounds like I may have to start working on the wife so maybe I can get one next spring. I checked out his website and sounds like his dogs are some of the best you can find. My lab is getting up there and I need a replacement to start training.

If your really interested email or call him and get on his waiting list ............his dogs are really popular.

My brother-law has one and he and his wife both love that Dog..........Jeanie told me that Brandy is the best dog they have ever had, great temperment and loves to play with their daughters little dog.

If your a duck hunter you wont be disapointed as lots of Cedarwood dogs go to guys that just hunt Ducks............

Greg

I plan on using it for pheasants, quail, and waterfowl. Probably more ducks than anything else. What pairing is yours out of? If you don't mind my asking do you know what his prices are didn't see it on his website, just curious if I'm going to have to sell my firstborn to get one:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.