• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Christensen arms 450 Bushmaster

paulatherton21

I drew an Iowa gun tag and got a lease in ohio so im looking to buy a Christensen arms ridgeline or mesa in a 450 bushmaster. I know absolutely nothing about the cartridge besides its legal in those states. I cant seem to find any reviews for the Christensen arms 450 in either configuration. So if anyone knows any details give me your thoughts! I definitely want to buy one to play with! Let me know what you got! Thanks

300 yards is pushing it; you're lobbing bullets at that distance, not placing them with precision. We've done videos that show them coming in to target. I put 250 yards as my max.

There are several companies now making bolt action 450 Bushmaster rifles.
Take a look at the Ruger American with 22 inch barrel from Randy's Hunting Center, available in blued or stainless. I prefer them to the braked versions:
https://www.randyshuntingcenter.com/

I have 2 450's one is a Christensen arms the other is an ultimate arms, I've shot a lot of hogs with it, I've net shot the ultimate just the Christensen, I'd say its a 300yd max round and it hits like a freight train, and very accurate for that round.

its the ridgeline with a 20'' carbon barrel and I'm shooting the hornady black 250gr GTX ammo, i may be willing to sell one of them I don't need 2 450's