cheap scope shooting 1000 yards any ideas

You might give the vortec 6x24x40 w/mildot it is cheap priced and not sure how good it is but for the price you just about have to give it a try.I have looked through them but never shot w/them clarity was good.Maybe someone else knows about them.I am going to buy one just to try it.It will replace a 12 pwr Redfield,hope it works?

If your looking for a rock solid performer that's budget minded you really cannot go wrong with the SWFA Super Sniper 10x42 or 16x42. Without side parallax they run 299$, With they are 399$.
Check out the reviews. I have 3 and love them. Even took my own to Afghanistan for a backup on my M25

Ive always been a firm believer in the 'ol adage "A gun is only as good as it's sights" I dont believe you have to shoot a Nightforce, SB etc. to get a good scope, but from my experience you really get what you pay for in a scope. Maybe I'm a gun snob, or have extravagant taste, but I prefer to "rat hole" my cash for what I really want. For what its worth, thats my thoughts....

I have proven the idea "you get what you pay for" totally wrong. When I went to Alaska I installed a Tasco World Class 4-16X on both the .300 Weatherby and the .375 because I never had problems with them, unlike Burris, Leupold, and Swarovski. I no longer buy those three. I don't hesitate to buy and use Bushnell 6500 and Bushnell 4200, and of course Nightforce. My longest kill was with a Tasco Trajectory model that always tracks. I killed a rock chuck at 527 yards while it was feeding straight away. The 75 grain Amax entered the rump and exited the chest.

To the original poster I would suggest a Tasco World Class. Either a 4-16X or a 6-24X. If you would like to see some side by side comparisons for glass quality, let me know.

My son-in-law has a Savage 7 Rem Mag with a Tasco Trajectory model. He loves to go to the range and challenge anyone, no matter what rifle / scope combo and have a shooting contest. He dials to the 600 yard target puts one in the middle and dials back to 100 and puts one in the "X". Every time.

There is a 10X Super Sniper for sale in the Optics for sale section of this forum. I have one and agree they are fantastic for the price.

+ 1. For the Super sniper !!!! Perfect for your application. You would need to spend a lot more $ to get something better. It's a home run for the cost

[ame]https://youtu.be/TRpBxLbxhAo[/ame]

Fantastic review of rifle scopes including the SWFA 10x by one of the most respected in the industry!! Give it a gander it's worth the time!!

Good luck

I believe the SWFA 10x is the best choice for longrange target under $500.00.
But.... If you need a variable power scope that tracks well, FFP and clear Japanese glass, that's under $500.00. I have been using the Midway exclusive BSA Mil Mil 4-14x44 FFP and the Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP. They are basically the same scope, I believe they are made at the same factory and branded with who ever wants to buy them. I have two of the Midway scopes and one Primary Arms. They look identical. The BSA is packaged just like the Falcon Menace scope from Britain right down to the felt bag that they are in when you get them out of the box. So I believe they are the same scope. I have twisted the turrets hundreds of times and they alway track spot on. I like the BSA/Midway model better than the Primary Arms because of the MilHash reticle and the warranty is stated to be better, (lifetime). Check them out on Midway and Primary Arms, they both have very good reviews... Very clear, reliable tracking for $250.00ish on sale. I'm ordering another for my 6.5 Creedmoor this week...

I will add, the BSA/Midway/Primary Arms scopes are just as clear as the SWFA SS fixed 10x and 12x scopes, that we had on hand... For the money I reccomend the fixed Super Snipers. But if you need a variable on a budget, that tracks and is set up the right way with FFP and matching turret and reticles, the 4-14 FFP in my opinion is the Best Buy under $500.00...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.