Camelman is a SCAMMER

Thanks for the alert. But, Karma does not always come full circle. 1,000s of people have gotten away with scams, felonies and murder. My philosophy is that history has proven that it is possible to get away with anything. I agree, but add "for one lifetime only." God's judgment day awaits us all.

it sucks for all of us this kind of crap happens as it makes doing legitimate transactions more challenging (ie..how does someone newer to forum ever buy/sell anything if we only do business with those who've done several real deals over the years).

Those emails and texts seemed very real. I don't know if I'd had sniffed this one out like Boomstickin. 👍

I haven't been on LRH for very long (snipers hide for over 10yrs) so it hits close to home for me.

I guess I'm missing something -- you sent $1400, yet cancelled the check before it cleared...so you paid/lost nothing--- then this guy sends you $14000-- if you cashed it you would then have gained $14000 and someone would have lost it... how does he gain anything or launder anything.

I'm not saying I would cash the check either but why would he chance loosing $14000 if you cashed it and kept it?
Yeah, I feel like a dummy, but totally don't get it. To me the "transaction" ended when he stiffed you and you wisely cancelled the cashiers check.

Ah, OK, just read ahead, I see. I've heard of the Nigerian scam before, moving his millions out of the country, so guess this is a similar scheme.

Good catch. To good to be true deals usually are. I only will buy from long history of sellers with good feed back but I guess we all have to start somewhere. I was new once too.

It's nice to have a free site but I understand why most have gone to a subscription and verify people.

Hello Fellow LRHF Members;

2 weeks ago I was in search of a Nightforce NX8 1-8x24 MOA Scope, I had multiple offers & chose Camelman's offer. Very nice, LNIB rendition of what I was looking for, he needed the $$$ for back surgery & I wanted a new optic for an AR/Safari Caliber platform. Fast Forward to Sunday the 24th, when it donned on me that this guy's story wasn't adding up. He needed $$$ for back surgery, then he had a loss of family member, followed by having a friend of his in a state (North Carolina) that doesn't border his own (Ohio)….send me a check for a refund on my Certified Cashier's Check that I CANCELED & the funds never cleared my account..,..nothing gained, nothing lost! However, I received a check in the mail today in FULL from an address in SAN DIEGO. The check has been handed over to local law enforcement & these guys are now on the RADAR! Karma always comes full circle on these loser's, just know that I'm going to do my part to see to it that is exactly what these clown's deserve!

Attached are picture of the whole deal (minus the return check, can not show for due to the investigation). Will release that on this thread once I have permission.
WOW! Glad you didnt get scammed & lose anything. I started a thread in my home muzzleloader forum just to list & expose all these *** scammers that are everywhere & into everything nowadays. I spent all my life up to 8 yrs ago " on the wrong side of the tracks " so I've been around every kind of criminal & con artist one could ever imagine. So I know ( most of the time instantly ) but I know how to easily stop & get them to expose themselves, so I take full advantage of that knowledge I have & use it for good & to help ppl keep from getting scammed & exposing & getting shut down, turned over to FBI etc as I can do. A designated thread in all our gun/hunting forums should open a thread just for posting *** scammers as well as ppl having a thread to come to, to ask about a person or online store they suspect, but need someone with experience identifying scammers & keeping ppl from being wrongfully accused as well.
I amended this to include if you need help bc you suspect you are dealing with a scammer, plz feel free to PM me with info & I will check them out for you.

People, picture search google for the pictures. Should only be one pic matching with the correct posted date. These guys get pics from previous sellers.

I guess I'm missing something -- you sent $1400, yet cancelled the check before it cleared...so you paid/lost nothing--- then this guy sends you $14000-- if you cashed it you would then have gained $14000 and someone would have lost it... how does he gain anything or launder anything.

I'm not saying I would cash the check either but why would he chance loosing $14000 if you cashed it and kept it?
Ditto, I have the same questions??

You know, I have been on LRH for several years, read everything, didn't post much.
I have never listed anything for sale here but I think I would buy from someone I recognized from their posts. Lots of great people on here. I tend to buy new which is probably wasting money.
Even this is not totally safe. People re-use passwords and doing this on forums is unfortunately common. Then you think you are dealing with a reputable person but the account has been hacked. Always do your due diligence. Anyone selling should be happy to take a phone call and go through a couple of steps to help make sure you are comfortable with the transaction. The Google pic lookup is a great starting place and super easy for a sniff test. Stay safe out there!