calling dogs----

While I can't say I have ever seen a Bigfoot "in person", I have absolutely seen some things up close and personal that many say don't exist and/or they don't believe in. Due to these experiences, I find it impossible and foolish to dismiss the possibility of an undiscovered or undocumented species. I also find it hard to dismiss sightings for hundreds or thousands of years all over the world. But hey, I'm still waiting.

{I do not known [For every documentary in support of squatch with a scientist throwing in credentials, there are 10 more saying no. Folk lore aside, what evidence? Shittie videos, foot print casts? We have hunters all over the world with the most advanced equipment trying to locate the king of hide and seek and yet we are at ground zero still. We do still have tribes practicing sacrificial rituals and believing in things like voodoo so I don't give them any credit at all. Last night I was watching, yet again, another documentary in support of the beast and in the end.......... nothing new. I did fall asleep so I need to rewatch part of it. I guess you have to decide which narrative you wish to go with..... folk lore or credible and repeatable scientific facts and evidence. My issue is that I know people crave attention and the more outlandish the claim the more attention you can garner from it. I get it, but I am a skeptic of this entire subject for good reason, science as a whole does not support the claim. I have to side with science on this subject simply because the whole ordeal is way too far fetched and people love a good outlandish story. There are 333 million people in the US and there are 5000 credible sightings listed. This is only a USA deal as well. There are 80000 UFO sightings. Right now there is zero DNA evidence to support the claim yet we have scientist discovering new species etc every year as things change and evolve. Some how this singular prehistoric being has survived 100's of thousands of years, coexisting with modern day USA, and not a single skeleton, credible hair fiber, or other evidence to support the science is there. Thankfully Idaho is not on the radar screen for bigfoot or aliens, I guess we are not wanted because we are skeptical pricks, but I am fine with that. The woods in the dark is already spooky enough without having to worry about being a yeti sex slave or alien probe toy. I am actually a bit happier not believing in the boogie man so I can venture out into the bush alone and only worrying about bears, lions, and wolves ruining my day.
You know anything is possible Remember FRED BEAR found a YAQUI INDIAN {believed to be distinct in the early 1900s ] I do not knowwhere to find the article and picture as it was about 70 years ago.

These things are reported to have a 5 to 6 inch breastplate.
a park ranger reported that he shot one a 100 yds with 30-06---- he saw the round hit the chest---- and its reaction was to throw the dead deer (his lunch) over his shoulder and casually walk away.

It has also been reported by a helicopter pilot in Afghanistan---- that lit one up with a IR laser designator thinking they were terrorists--- when he turned the IR laser on-- he said the creature spun around and looked at him. His helicopter was over 2 miles away. So we know from that they can see in IR. So that means that our silly game cameras are like leaving a flashlight turned on laying on the ground and thinking no one will see it.

There have been a few thermal images that could have been them--- but I have not seen too many of those.

I had been in the woods all my life since I was 6. They were around me in the wood all that time and I never saw one or knew they were there till about 7 years ago--- when the woods started to shrink from city development.
I expect they had seen me all my life- and knew who I was. It wasn't until one was seen in my yard at about 50 yards away- that i understood. Then I started watching videos that talked about the sign they leave in the woods. After that I saw LOTS of sign everywhere around me. Some fresh and some from 30-40 years ago. And just before i moved away-- they were starting to interact with me. Perhaps because I was now acknowledging their presence. Now I am able to identify (some what) where they have been in the woods.

I would say that every single one of you could find sign
if you knew what to look for. I was all over those woods all my life and never noticed.

for those of you who want "hard evidence"---- why do you ignore Dr. Melba Ketchum. She did hard, rigorous science--- yet those who have decided they CANT exist--but have done so without any evidence--- ignore the evidence and then claim there is none. Thats a demonstration of a religious belief and not science. Maybe that ruffles feathers--- but the time is long overdue to stop contorting science to serve a political agenda. Like climate change and covid propaganda.
Go read her study for yourselves. its not my job to do your research for you. Think for yourselves. Go out and look for the signs your selves. Don't take my word for it.

WILLR , are you talking about Ishi, the last of the Yahi tribe? He lived and died at the university in San Francisco after being discovered. There is a book by Theodora Kroeber titled ISHI in two worlds.
` I think that is right . please remember 70 plus years ago is a long time and i can not remember things that happened last week /

PS--- no one should shoot one either. There was another report of AK of 5 or 6 hinters being dropped off via airplane at a remote hunting camp. The pilot observed something huge and furry on 2 legs on the way in. He was scheduled to pick them up in a week. When he returned he found 4
of them dead around the camp. All their brass was fired and empty on the ground. Found their rifles with the barrels bent backwards. The 4 bodies had the arms , legs and heads pulled off. 1 or 2 of the men were never found.

Reports of Fish and Game officers shooting one in the center of the chest with 30-06. Its reaction was to throw its deer over its shoulder and walk away. He said he saw the impact
right where he was aiming. it is said they have a sternum that is 5 or 6 inches thick. So if you shoot one- it only ****es them off worse.

I'd be interested in seeing the newspaper articles, magazine articles, TV news stories or what not to substantiate these things you're speaking about? If you heard about them or read about them, provide some links to said stories, please. I won't say they do or don't, but with the millions of people that're in the forests, backcountry, mountains, & etc. i just can't believe we don't have anymore substantial evidence than there is. It should make the national news if something were 100% verifiable.

I'd be interested in seeing the newspaper articles, magazine articles, TV news stories or what not to substantiate these things you're speaking about? If you heard about them or read about them, provide some links to said stories, please. I won't say they do or don't, but with the millions of people that're in the forests, backcountry, mountains, & etc. i just can't believe we don't have anymore substantial evidence than there is. It should make the national news if something were 100% verifiable.

I'm the opposite of you, if the news has it on as a story, I just assume it's all BS.

My search results for Dr. Melba Ketchum yielded mostly articles that covered multiple accounts of her being discredited for ethical issues, and her work being rejected by the greater scientific community. Not my opinion, just what I read.

It would be easy to explain that away with conspiracy theory.

My search results for Dr. Melba Ketchum yielded mostly articles that covered multiple accounts of her being discredited for ethical issues, and her work being rejected by the greater scientific community. Not my opinion, just what I read.

It would be easy to explain that away with conspiracy theory.

Sounds like the Doctor was onto something, or else they wouldn't have wasted the time and energy to discredit her.

So Ishi was found and now is gone. I remember seeing a documentary on him as a young man so I assumed his heritage was genuine. There was no DNA at that time. I've seen bones of the great lizards so I assume they were real too. It's pretty clear that they mixed some of them up but we get the point. There is nothing left of Bigfoot but stories as far as I can ascertain. Maybe the boogie man to keep kids in camp? No matter, if they existed they seem to have gone the way of the do-do bird. I've never seen one of them either.
The woods are scary and uncertain for humans. Not everything that knocks is a monster.

some more impeccable reasoning---- "if I have never seen it- it can't exist".

How many people have seen black panthers in North America--- (raise your hands-) and everyone in the gov. says they don't exist.

As I said-- think for yourselves. Don't just listen to other people's slander of Dr. Ketchum's work---- go read her work for your self. Remember these same types proclaimed we'd all be dead if we didn't get a Vaxxx. and how many times have they proclaimed that both coasts would be flooded and underwater in 12 years from man made climate change.

further--- whether the main stream media covers a story -- or not--- is no indication what so ever of whether it happened or not. Haven't you noticed how the main stream media NEVER covers a story when a CCW person stops a mass shooting ? and if they do cover it--- they leave out the key parts--and imply that the cops stopped the shooter. (lie by omission)