Cabelas wool, berber, fleece

pecker_wood

When did cabelas stop making their wool, berber and fleece hunting clothes? Is anyone making anything like that that I dont have to take a loan out for these days?

I bought the cabelas Berber fleece pants and jacket probably 20 years ago and still wear the pants occasionally but the jacket got tight and the zipper broke about 10 years ago. I looked online and they were still selling them but apparently the quality of the newer ones were poor from the reviews I seen.
As far as buying quality wool, yes you will need a loan unless you keep an eye on the other stuff classifieds forum here. There's been a few wool items listed the last month or so.

Last edited:
I have pants bibs and the parka. The pants get used a lot. The bibs a bit more and the parka very rarely. When it's really cold and I want to go deer hunting and sit and be comfortable there's nothing better than those three together. I sat for 6 hours in a tree stand one day during rut about 5 years ago and when I climbed up it was -17. One of the most action packed days of deer hunting I've ever had.

I also have wind shear Berber fleece and wind shear Wool, it is fantastic hunting wear probably getting close to 20 years old haven't tried to find it recently still wearing the old stuff. I also think Bass Pro didn't do Cabelas any favors when they bought them, have been patronizing Scheels since. Nothing is reasonable there are no deals anymore.

Im on their website now and they have some stuff in the micro fleece but it looks like that suede kind of material. They have a couple of new style berber fleece outfitter camo things but it looks thin and they only carry small and medium so it looks like they are phasing that out too. No longer see any of the old style outfitter wool or thick pile berber outfitter camo stuff on there. Guess the profit margins got to small on that stuff.

I guess Ill go with the Red Head silent stalker elite coveralls for $150 even though that stuff tears easy it has some decent weight to it.

I have one piece of their old wool/fleece pullovers. The thing is absolutely nails. My wife got me it many, many years ago as a gift and it was one of those pieces you automatically know will be keeping you warm for decades so long as you take care of it. I've been babying that thing for years. It cuts the wind like nothing else I own and keeps me surprisingly dry in precip while also staying warm. I have since moved on to more technical layering systems but it fits a niche that nothing else has. December boat rides for mallards, late season truck hunts, camp chores, winter range days...it's amazing!

Not sure what size you wear but I would keep looking on the classifieds here before spending $200 on bass pro Chinese crap. These are listed for a decent price.
I have Early Colombia Gallatin Wool.
This is my backup set for the current ones i use in Cold Weather/western hunting.

I have moved to South GA and do NOT need this extra set here for sure!

Outstanding warmth and thick, especially warm on tree-stand for a hours.
All excellent condition
PRICE CHANGE all for $325
Here u go… below;

Bibs EX Large
Hooded Jacket EX large
Pants size 40

All in excellent shape
Pants worn a 2-3 times

All 3 for $350View attachment 593877View attachment 593878

I ha
I bought the cabelas Berber fleece pants and jacket probably 20 years ago and still wear the pants occasionally but the jacket got tight and the zipper broke about 10 years ago. I looked online and they were still selling them but apparently the quality of the newer ones were poor from the reviews I seen.
As far as buying quality wool, yes you will need a loan unless you keep an eye on the other stuff classifieds forum here. There's been a few wool items listed the last month or so.
I've found that about 99% of their Clothes come From CHINA, MADE IN CHINA and wear like they were made in China!
Have QUIT BUYING About anything from the "New" cabelas! Bass Pro😂😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Recent Posts