Bullseyecamera Target Camera system

Do not be fooled by the hype! I was and bought the 1000YD edition. It does not work as claimed. I fired 30 shots on target at a regulation NRA 600yd 37x37 target using my 6mmBR in 8-10 mph cross wind conditions. All where hits in or near the bull. It did not show any of the hits as blinking and you could not make out the hits on the brown paper. After putting some black n-c glow dots over some of the hits and shooting again, it did show where I hit the glow dot which, of course I could easily see with my spotting scope. It may work if you use the n-c glow targets but your spotting scope will pick those up. Furthermore, the software is quirky and I never got more than 5 shots on target(which I could not see on the laptop screen) before I had to restart the app. At 600yds in an open field with nothing around the signal strength was 20% so there was no way I could get to 1000yds. The case is flimsy but the cutouts for the components are nice. The individual components are fairly cheap off the shelf on internet. The support is non-existent as there is no phone # and they do not answer e-mails. It is a great concept but the software and hardware need a lot of work

How far did you place your camera and what angle to the target ?

The software is the only thing that gives value to the system. If it doesnt work as advertised, send it back and get a refund.

What brand is the router?

I agree. I have tried to contact them to return it but they will not respond to my emails and they don't have a phone#. The router is a CNET CQR 980- $23.94 AT Walmart.

Guys, I just received one of these to do a full review on. I will be doing so in the next few weeks. So far I have only set it up a short distance just to get familiar with functions. The picture was great from about 4 feet but this was not in full sun. I am anxious now to see if this one works as described, it is the 1000 yard model and I was told straight line of sight was well beyond that, but like I said that remains to be seen.

HHOLDENHSD, I got literature with this one and it has e-mail's, website address as well as the PH. number which is 541-357-7035 and fax of 541-225-5012

I will try to get after the review asap, but I have been busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I will look for the fore mentioned issues as well. But from what I have seen so, far from the unit I have here, I remain optimistic at this time.

Jeff

Another member here received one and it did not work and he sent it back for a refund.

There are some other systems that use either the same software or software with similar function.

I have a long range camera setup that I put together from parts off ebay for less than $90 and the longest range I have tested it is 1536 yards plus. That is what I measured from one end of the golf course to the other. Picture is crystal clear on my laptop. I have not shot at a target over 200 yds yet. But at 200 yds it is great. The only thing I am looking for is a software package and I have found two people working on it.

I am interested in seeing a review of someone who has successfully gotten their Bullseyecamera system to work.

I was kind of afraid of this when it came out. The type of camera used seems to be fairly low res. Something along the lines of your average webcam. The software sounds cool but the camera has got to be better in all types of light and with different types of targets. I'm sure it works in certain situations well but might be hard to repeat. The easy part is getting the range out of the wireless system. It's mostly off the shelf stuff from what I could see. The software was where the "coolness" was. Can't wait to see what Broz thinks though.

Do not be fooled by the hype! I was and bought the 1000YD edition. It does not work as claimed. I fired 30 shots on target at a regulation NRA 600yd 37x37 target using my 6mmBR in 8-10 mph cross wind conditions. All where hits in or near the bull. It did not show any of the hits as blinking and you could not make out the hits on the brown paper. After putting some black n-c glow dots over some of the hits and shooting again, it did show where I hit the glow dot which, of course I could easily see with my spotting scope. It may work if you use the n-c glow targets but your spotting scope will pick those up. Furthermore, the software is quirky and I never got more than 5 shots on target(which I could not see on the laptop screen) before I had to restart the app. At 600yds in an open field with nothing around the signal strength was 20% so there was no way I could get to 1000yds. The case is flimsy but the cutouts for the components are nice. The individual components are fairly cheap off the shelf on internet. The support is non-existent as there is no phone # and they do not answer e-mails. It is a great concept but the software and hardware need a lot of work

Our phone number is clearly displayed on our web site. We also responded to each and every email you sent - maybe check spam filter? We have users getting out over 1700 yards with our base system and farther with our YAGI upgrade.

Why don't you give us a call 541-357-7035 and we can give you some tips on setup and diagnose why you had low signal.

We just completed the Bianchi cup where we had thousands of rounds per day without restarting the application - we have thousands of these units out in the field being used daily and your experience is far from typical and we would like to assist you.

We also have our new Bullseye Camera Systems TV coming out with small video segments to help in set up and maximizing performance.

I was kind of afraid of this when it came out. The type of camera used seems to be fairly low res. Something along the lines of your average webcam. The software sounds cool but the camera has got to be better in all types of light and with different types of targets. I'm sure it works in certain situations well but might be hard to repeat. The easy part is getting the range out of the wireless system. It's mostly off the shelf stuff from what I could see. The software was where the "coolness" was. Can't wait to see what Broz thinks though.

We used off the shelf components so we were not locked into a specific manufacturer and thus subject to their business stability. We have many upgrades coming including HD camera support and iOS and Android support.

We will also see our product on Western Hunter, The Hunt with Scott Haugen and Best of the West.

We also just were awarded best new shooting gear of 2013 by Western Hunter Magazine:
http://www.bullseyecamera.com/media/PDFWHReviewBullseyeCamera.pdf

I have successfully used one of your units before sending it on to Broz for a thorough review article.

We used off the shelf components so we were not locked into a specific manufacturer and thus subject to their business stability. We have many upgrades coming including HD camera support and iOS and Android support.

We will also see our product on Western Hunter, The Hunt with Scott Haugen and Best of the West.

We also just were awarded best new shooting gear of 2013 by Western Hunter Magazine:
http://www.bullseyecamera.com/media/PDFWHReviewBullseyeCamera.pdf

Awesome. The camera upgrade should be a good option and nothing wrong with off the shelf. Makes things easy to replace. Your software ported to mobile devices should be pretty good. Can't wait to see what you have in store. gun)

well.. I bought one.. I guess I was a sucker for the hype !!! this system is awesome. it showed all my hits on both brown paper and metal. I shot at 500-800-1000 and 1400 and it worked great. I accidently reset the software which did make bit do some crazy stuff.. as long as u don't fool with it.. it works great.. it is as advertised and a lot more!!!!! just my 2 cents I guess..

kasey

well.. I bought one.. I guess I was a sucker for the hype !!! this system is awesome. it showed all my hits on both brown paper and metal. I shot at 500-800-1000 and 1400 and it worked great. I accidently reset the software which did make bit do some crazy stuff.. as long as u don't fool with it.. it works great.. it is as advertised and a lot more!!!!! just my 2 cents I guess..

kasey

Very cool. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.