Bullet selection for White Tail with a .223 - Youth hunt

The partition is solid for sure killed lots of hogs with it. Wouldn't hesitate on a deer at all. I like the idea of the hammers though. I've had amazing luck with those so far. That being said I have killed a pile of hogs with it and not shooting them in the ear because anything would work for that. Normal shot placement and they went down fine.

bng is right, that is pure concentration and looks like a stone cold killer!
I started my kids out deer hunting with a single shot (NEF) .223 with a red dot on it, no worries about eye relief. It works great, the Partitions are a great deer killer and I would never hesitate to use Hammer bullets.

Um looks like you might be needing more freezers , great pic of the little southpaw . Might need to start saving for left handed bolt guns . 60 grain Partition worked great .

Um looks like you might be needing more freezers , great pic of the little southpaw . Might need to start saving for left handed bolt guns . 60 grain Partition worked great .
Ya, he is predominately right handed, but he has really bad vision, as in a +8 in the left eye and a +9 in the right eye, we found out shortly after those pictures were taken, so he had issues trying to use his right eye, even now with glasses he has a hard time trying to use his right eye, so we decided to just teach him to shoot left handed as he does much better with his left eye, and is left eye dominant as well.

Hornady GMX , double lung. Like the idea of the GMX in case ya catch a rib on entry it will maintain its weight to exit and give ya two bleed holes for trailing.

Love the pics! All of an mentioned will work with good placement. Partition all the way! Will hold together and penetrate a shoulder- just in case he pulls it a little.

My brother in law for years shot a 223 with 55grain core-lokts. Though none were shot at more than 75-100 yds we had to track them as a group because we just didn't have any blood till we came upon them dead. Then they were often found laying in a pool of it. A few years back he shot at one twice, swore he missed it, only it ran over a couple finger ridges and died within sight of another hunter. I bought a '06 as a loaner for him and banned 223 from my place for deer. I know many use one and some swear by it but I am telling you my first hand experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.