Buddy's WY Speed Goat - This is dedication...

CB11WYO

This is one of my childhood friends from my hometown. He's an avid hunter and has taken a number of animals despite what look like obvious setbacks.

My dad recently built him a 6.5-284 (pictured) and this was the first result. The shot was just over 500 yards, pretty nice antelope to boot!

He has only enough use of 1 hand to bump a joystick around to run his wheelchair. This is the same way he aims his rifle. The gun is on a mechanical mount that he can control left/right and up/down with a joystick. When everything looks good through the glass he sucks on a piece of tubing which activates a solenoid that pulls a cable connected to the trigger. He's pretty dang good at it too. Dad had him out just prior to the antelope season pingin' steel to over 800 yds.

Gotta love it! :D
Good job and nice buck Dustin!

Attachments

• Dustin antelope.jpg
    Dustin antelope.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 154
Life is a ****er when you aren't dealt a full deck to work with. He looks as though he's enjoying himself...

Kudo's to your dad for building the rig and to you for having the patience to see it through.

Great story and great results. I would hope that I would have the intestinal fortitude to work through setbacks like that, and friends who were dedicated and patient enough to help me through it. Congrats!

Thanks guys, it's a pretty sweet deal. Dustin's a super good guy despite it all.

Ya'll should play Playstation with him. I can count on 1 hand the times I've beat him :). Has a posable mount that holds the controls in front of his mouth, then he does it all with a spoon in his mouth, he's crazy good!

That's so kind hearted of your Dad to help out a fellow hunter like that. It is the little things in life that some times mean the most to others. He is a good man.
The smile on Dustins face must be so satisfying to your dad.
Tarey

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.