• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

BSA Majestic .308

Your mention of the 150-180 grain bullets leads me to believe the same thing, 1:12". Most European makers used slightly slower twist rates than the U.S. I've used a ton of the 11.25" twist from Bartlein in .308 barrels. Gary Schneider often used the 1:12" though. Americans are overcome with the desire to use the longer, sleeker VLDs which need faster twist rates. For the average hunter though the 150-180 gr. .30 cal. bullets will succeed every time the hunter does his or her duty.

:)
We tend to overthink and overgun everything. Nothing I hunt needs more than a .308, and with proper bullet selection (and proper range and judgement calls) it will kill everything in North America. But we like bigger and faster quite often 😁

This rifle feels like a close range woods gun just due to how quickly and naturally It points. I have a Leupold 1.75-6 on it for that reason, and it's fast on target. Fantastic little rifle.