Browning X Bolts

I'm looking at the X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Max LR, and the X-Bolt Mountain Pro LR. I'm leaning towards the Hell's Canyon Max LR.
One thing it's 1k cheaper and I like the stock.
Any of you have any intel/info on these two choices.
Yesterday I told my wife I wanted a new rifle, and she said, OK. I didn't say another word. Never came up again. When I get off that job in Texas, in a week or so, I'm going shopping.
I have the Hells Canyon LR and the Mountain Pro, both in 6.5 CM. These are very fine rifles. Factory prices at custom specs.
Cannot beat either. Pick the one you like and go for it.

I have the max long range in 300 win mag. Older ones have 1-10 twist. Newer ones have 1-8.5. I happen to have a 8.5 twist. As expected it really likes heavyweight bullets. I have tried the 168 Berger, 190 Berger, 200 eldx, 220 eldx, 210 Berger. It likes the 210 Berger the best. It will shoot under 1/2 at 120 yards all day. The 120 yards is cause my local range can't read a tape measure. When I first got it I was ready to throw it in a lake. Good thing we don't have many lakes around here. It would shoot great for about 20 rounds and then be so copper fouled it would not shoot. It took about 200 rounds and lots of cleaning. But it finally has settled in and you can get a full 50 round day out of it. I will say it was a 1/2-3/4 rifle but now is consistent under a 1/2 with a ect tuner. But that's another story. The max long range stock design is a little harder in the field to work with in awkward positions but it's manageable. I have no prior long range experience but in the past year I have taken it out to 1763 yards. I have shot well under a moa at 500 and 1000. With all that said I really love the rifle. But 6 months ago if it wouldn't have been a present from my wife I might have gave it away.

They're showing 1 in 8 twist in the 300. When I get back from Texas in a week or so,, I'll be looking for one. Think I'm gonna go with the Max LR.

I have the X Bolt Hells Canyon 6.5 PRC, 7.5 twist, Zeroed it in 5 shots, Hornady 143 ELDX Precision Hunter. It liked them. 3/4 groups. I recommend
Good. I am a little concerned the 1:8 twist in the 280 AI is a tad aggressive.
I have a .280 in a 1-9.25 twist Rem 700 that shoots 120 grain through 150 grain bullets very accurately.

Sorry, You are right. Did you like it. I havent done anymore with it lately
Yup it was a awesome shooter.
Easy to load for ! It shot the 143eldx , 140 elites and 156 all at 1/2 moa or less with no real load development just loaded up and had loads first time out. That doesn't happen often.

Recent Posts