Browning 30 Nosler barrel

K-guns56

I bought this Browning X Bolt a year ago and I would like some estimates about how many factory Nosler rounds I can send down range before I would start to see wear and tear on my barrel to the point I would start seeing accuracy issues. I know certain issues effect this different, but I'm just looking for estimates. Thank you all for any opinions or facts you could help me with.
K-guns56

Attachments

• IMG_20200623_192110.jpg
    IMG_20200623_192110.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
I bought this Browning X Bolt a year ago and I would like some estimates about how many factory Nosler rounds I can send down range before I would start to see wear and tear on my barrel to the point I would start seeing accuracy issues. I know certain issues effect this different, but I'm just looking for estimates. Thank you all for any opinions or facts you could help me with.
K-guns56
I appreciate the estimate on this. Thank you. I take great care of my weapons and this is a question most have had a problem answering. I only have 20 rounds through it sighted in at 200 yards. I'm looking forward to find a place in the Peoria, Illinois area to shoot further distances.

K-guns56
Need to know what cartridge to even begin to give you a decent estimate. I've got an STW with more than 2k rounds down the tube and I thought it might be at or near that point even though it's still holding accuracy.

The gunsmith put the scope to it and said I probably had around 70% of the throat life remaining.

High velocity really "overbore" cartridges have the least life, mild cartridges like the 30-06 seem to last forever for most folks.

How you shoot them also makes a really big difference. No matter the cartridge if you shoot them hot and keep shooting throat erosion really accelerates.

If you always let them cool down between shots even when high volume shooting things low way down.

Need to know what cartridge to even begin to give you a decent estimate. I've got an STW with more than 2k rounds down the tube and I thought it might be at or near that point even though it's still holding accuracy.

The gunsmith put the scope to it and said I probably had around 70% of the throat life remaining.

High velocity really "overbore" cartridges have the least life, mild cartridges like the 30-06 seem to last forever for most folks.

How you shoot them also makes a really big difference. No matter the cartridge if you shoot them hot and keep shooting throat erosion really accelerates.

If you always let them cool down between shots even when high volume shooting things low way down.
That you for this information

Recent Posts