Brass

7mm08Fan

Im just curious I was under the impression that its almost impossible to get brass for the STW .I have brass and dies listed in reloading over 100 pieces with dies that I feel is a good price for everything Ive listed and no takers. Im selling my STW stuff due to a rebarrel to 7x300 prc because theres no brass available .Believe me Id much rather have the STW but with the brass shortage I chose to switch calibers or maybe I missed a brass sale as I said no biggie just curious

Yes there still is a shortage of head stamped brass going on and now with bertram trying to get another place to import to its probably going to be awhile before we see head stamped brass again. But like most other stw shooters are just making there own out of other head stamped brass like myself. I'm using 6.5-300wby peterson brass and loving it.

Hey buddy,

Can I ask a question and maybe get some education in the process please. Why are you using the Weatherby brass in 6.5-300 for the STW please educate me in this. I was looking to buy more brass and make it my self but I'm just starting this process and I think I have most everything I need other than the press and the scales and all the reloading BS. It's taken me 6 months to get all the brass for it and primers and a stock of RL22, H1000, and Retumbo . Any thing will help to get me started and thank you

I tried the neck up/ blow out thing with some Weatherby 6.5x300 and the belts were too tall for my 7stw's chamber, so ymmv on that 1, especially if using Weatherby brass.. I just re-necked those brass to 30 cal. and I'll give them to a buddy for his Roy.
I've had good luck necking down/ blowing out 375 H@H and many have had good luck necking down 8mm rem mag..

300 H&H brass works fine. H1000 with 180 Bergers Fed 215's. Does everything a PRC will do.

Hey buddy,

Can I ask a question and maybe get some education in the process please. Why are you using the Weatherby brass in 6.5-300 for the STW please educate me in this. I was looking to buy more brass and make it my self but I'm just starting this process and I think I have most everything I need other than the press and the scales and all the reloading BS. It's taken me 6 months to get all the brass for it and primers and a stock of RL22, H1000, and Retumbo . Any thing will help to get me started and thank you
You could take a thread or 2 off the tenon and have it re-chambered to 7x300Wby…..

Im just curious I was under the impression that its almost impossible to get brass for the STW .I have brass and dies listed in reloading over 100 pieces with dies that I feel is a good price for everything Ive listed and no takers. Im selling my STW stuff due to a rebarrel to 7x300 prc because theres no brass available .Believe me Id much rather have the STW but with the brass shortage I chose to switch calibers or maybe I missed a brass sale as I said no biggie just curious

I'll try and find it today maybe we can work something out for it all. I need a set of dies and yes I'm looking for Brass for sure. I just got 10lbs of RL25 and have some RL22 and H1000 also.

Recent Posts