....brass prep question ????????...

bigbuck

I have just recently started bumping the sholder of my brass back .001 to .002 Thou . I have 4 firings on them now and I haven't full length sized them .So, my question is this after I anneal my brass do I full length size them then fire form them to my chamber and start the sholder bumping process all over again ?? Or do I stop full length sizing them completely ?

Thanks ,

Bigbick

As long as your brass still chambers in their intended gun without forcing the bolt closed on them I see no reason to FL size. If and when they are hard to chamber you will need to bump them back a little. You will know when its time.

Thanks for the reply Dennis. all Ive ever known was full length size until just recently so it's more of a habbit to think that I would need to do it . my RUM used to eat brass when I would full lenght size it now I'm getting several loads with my brass.

BigBuck

Look for sticky extraction first.
Second, try chambering your barely sized cases in your gun before charging w/ powder or seating bullets. You may not need to FL size for quite some time.

I got 6 fireings out of some WW 25-06 brass and still didn't have to FL size yet........Had to trim/chamfer/deburr once though. I was using a neck die, and not bumping the shoulder at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.