• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Boyd's Pepper Laminate 700 LA

therifleman556

As the title states, 700 long action laminate stock. Was bedded but not my best work. BDL bottom metal inlet. $110 to your door.

KIMG0430.JPG

KIMG0427.JPG

Looking to replace a Remington Model 700 30-06 (regular/standard barrel) BDL factory composite stock...any reason this stock wouldn't be a direct 'bolt/screw on' replacement? Any modifications or anything from bedding job that would create an issue?

Should be a direct fit. I had it on a 257 Weatherby. I'm not sure if that's a step up in contour or not. I can grind out what's under the barrel easily enough if it's a great concern.

Okay. Mine is just a standard, basic hunting barrel. Can you send me a couple pictures of the bedding to see how much needs to be removed?

On second thought, I had my CDL 25-06 in it just to try it out and it fit no problem.
KIMG0429.JPG

It's JB Weld, so it grinds easily. You can see a void ahead of the recoil lug where it comes up to the stock line. Just asthetic, not really visible when assembled.

Do you know If this would fit a 700 classic? Not sure about the bottom metal?