Bison

jpfrog

Don't have any venison left in the freezer, and won't until first weekend in November (if I'm lucky), but the temps in DFW dropped from mid/upper 80s to about 43 today, and lots of rain...something needed to be done in the kitchen.

I channeled my inner @FEENIX and whipped up some bison/avocado tacos. No tortillas but plenty of spices (chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano) for the seasoning, fresh avocado and tomatoes, cilantro, and of course, a bit of cheddar.

The wife and I ate all of ours, of course, but the best part- both my sons cleaned their plates, too. They are 5 and 2 years old, so I was pleased about that!

Attachments

• 91924BFD-66EB-4379-8708-FCAF301CE4BA.jpeg
    91924BFD-66EB-4379-8708-FCAF301CE4BA.jpeg
    786.1 KB · Views: 168
Don't have any venison left in the freezer, and won't until first weekend in November (if I'm lucky), but the temps in DFW dropped from mid/upper 80s to about 43 today, and lots of rain...something needed to be done in the kitchen.

I channeled my inner @FEENIX and whipped up some bison/avocado tacos. No tortillas but plenty of spices (chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano) for the seasoning, fresh avocado and tomatoes, cilantro, and of course, a bit of cheddar.

The wife and I ate all of ours, of course, but the best part- both my sons cleaned their plates, too. They are 5 and 2 years old, so I was pleased about that!

L:DL! Sounds and looks good to me as evidence of clean plates. Thanks!

Ed

That is awesome!!! Gotta love when kids eat it all and even want seconds. I got 4 boys and makes my heart tickle when they go back for elk, deer, hog, or oryx seconds

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.