Bismuth

It's funny I'm from Saskatchewan, we have lots of those things, and all growing up I didn't know you could even hunt them let alone eat them haha none of the many die hard outdoorsmen I knew did

Only to discover in my 20s that they're apparently "the rib-eye of the sky"

It's funny I'm from Saskatchewan, we have lots of those things, and all growing up I didn't know you could even hunt them let alone eat them haha none of the many die hard outdoorsmen I knew did

Only to discover in my 20s that they're apparently "the rib-eye of the sky"
It's a big sport here in Texas. Somewhat makes up for our declining waterfowl numbers.

This was from a hunt this fall.

Attachments

• 92806A60-1E05-4346-AFE4-A3FEEF5520C4.jpeg
    92806A60-1E05-4346-AFE4-A3FEEF5520C4.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 79
Sandhills don't seem particularly tough. I've killed a bunch with #2 steel. I think bismuth 4's would work pretty well
Right or wrong I've decided on #4 Bismuth and focus on heads and necks.. If nothing else we've got guys in the group shooting other material. May give us a chance to see what works best on that particular morning. Sure thank everyone! We'll be hunting Eastarn side of Central Texas on January 16.

4 bismuth will work fine. I've shot a lot of snow geese with #4 bismuth out of my 28 gauge. There's lots of head neck and wing on a Sandhill. They look like falling lawn chairs.

Recent Posts