Birthday Roosevelt

Great Roosevelt elk! I really like that acorn shaped extra.

One shot hit the left antler?
That extra he had looked like he broke it off halfway down during velvet then it started growing again causing that big round ball. Unfortunately my son did hit him in the antler on a followup shot. The bull initially went down but was trying to get back up, I never saw the round impact the horn but I think it was when the bull was trying to get back up and whipped his head back right as my son pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Awesome Bull! Congratulations to both of you! My Son is now seventeen and we struck out on all of the youth draws here in Ca. Seems like odds are good for those that draw. 18 years of Elk points for me and patiently waiting..... Job well done fellas, Jason

Awesome Bull! Congratulations to both of you! My Son is now seventeen and we struck out on all of the youth draws here in Ca. Seems like odds are good for those that draw. 18 years of Elk points for me and patiently waiting..... Job well done fellas, Jason
Yep, I have four kids and he's the youngest and the only one to draw a Ca junior tag. He got lucky and drew two this year. He has the J4 buck tag also🤦‍♂️ He made up for his 3 older siblings never drawing!

That extra he had looked like he broke it off halfway down during velvet then it started growing again causing that big round ball. Unfortunately my son did hit him in the antler on a followup shot. The bull initially went down but was trying to get back up, I never saw the round impact the horn but I think it was when the bull was trying to get back up and whipped his head back right as my son pulled the trigger.
I've heard that it's common to subconsciously aim at huge antlers. Sadly, I've never had that problem. I'm sure he will always treasure the accomplishment!