Bird dogs

Went out today. Kansas hatch was terrible. Rough year.

All gsp are a-holes!!

Attachments

• 9F91407E-93B4-4E47-83CD-FA855AA627E8.jpeg
    9F91407E-93B4-4E47-83CD-FA855AA627E8.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 53F53BA5-EC14-4F5F-9E4C-7F2E6C93EC8B.jpeg
    53F53BA5-EC14-4F5F-9E4C-7F2E6C93EC8B.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 66
Watercolor of me and my Brittany, Rusty, at one of our favorite hunting spots. On a deer hunt in Alberta about 15 years ago, spent the week with Nick Wright, a well known wildlife/hunting artist /illustrator. Nick was regularly commissioned for artwork by many of the hunting magazines. Nick kindly produced this 26"x26" water color from a series of photographs I provided. It has since sat above my fireplace serving as a reminder of great days with a great companion!
View attachment 319656
Fantastic

Here's my two bird huntin' machines. This is Piper's 10th season hunting with me (the GWP) and Remi's 5th (Pointing lab--1/8 GSP 7/8 Lab). Both are amazing to watch when we're chasing birds. Piper's nose and hunting IQ are top-notch, and Remi's drive to retrieve is incredible (and he'll point birds as well). He's a fantastic dove dog as well...he'll sit and face me, and I can tell when birds are trying to sneak past behind me by watching his eyes. Doves are a small target in tall grass but he rarely misses a downed bird, even when they land in the thickest stuff. Love my hunting buddies!

IMG_1195.jpg

What with Yellowstone on and all the abilities of horses being showcased on there - lots of folks would be amazed at what these dogs are capable of. I think back to an article on bird dogs in Sports Illustrated that had an unwilling writer sent to write a story on the Elhew pointers, I think. He thought it was going to be a waste of time and paper - until he saw them work. Needless to say, he gladly wrote the story after a day afield.

Went out today. Kansas hatch was terrible. Rough year.

All gsp are a-holes!!
Tell me about it. My male tries to steal my old truck.

qhKNkiq.jpg

My boat.

yNXa0Fk.jpg

And not even a year old he stole my daughters heart.

rBPAn0K.jpg

He can be a royal PITA, but when my daughter (now grown) comes home from school those two are inseparable.

Here's my two bird huntin' machines. This is Piper's 10th season hunting with me (the GWP) and Remi's 5th (Pointing lab--1/8 GSP 7/8 Lab). Both are amazing to watch when we're chasing birds. Piper's nose and hunting IQ are top-notch, and Remi's drive to retrieve is incredible (and he'll point birds as well). He's a fantastic dove dog as well...he'll sit and face me, and I can tell when birds are trying to sneak past behind me by watching his eyes. Doves are a small target in tall grass but he rarely misses a downed bird, even when they land in the thickest stuff. Love my hunting buddies!

View attachment 420217
AWESOME... They look so very happy