Best way to carry a bugle tube

Thanks for sharing that. I have never seen those, but Ill for sure be getting one. I left my bugle on the mountain last year after I forgot it after I shot my bull. Itll be a good way to keep track on it.

29 years and I'm pretty well trained. To the op. I strap my bugle tube to the back of my back pack and keep my calls in a front pocket where I can easily get to them. Usually if we're stopping to call we are going to be there for a while so we are going to remove our packs so getting to the tube isn't an issue. Besides if you get a little excited about getting a bull and forget your tube, all is good anyway. Best reason I can think of to donate a tube to the elk gods. Good luck on your future hunts and be safe.

OK, if humor is acceptable in this thread.

Use a "bendable" tube, keep the mouthpiece in your mouth….while you are gasping for air with exertion and elevation, you will be continually calling. This will make other elk think that all of the noise (breaking branches, moving leaves, the occasional stumble) you're making, to be an aggressive Bull on the move! memtb

Last edited:
OK, if humor is acceptable in this thread.

Use a "bendable" tube, keep the mouthpiece in your mouth….while you are gasping for air with exertion and elevation, you will be continually calling. This will make other elk think that all of the noise (breaking branches, moving leaves, the occasional stumble) you're making, to be an aggressive Bull on the move! memtb
This is what I do!!! LOL

I mainly use the flexible type tube. I have tons a spares there cheap. I also have a smaller tube maybe a 1'' or 1 1/4, and I couldn't tell you how many bulls Ive called with that, higher pitched and its my locater tube, but because it compact I use it a lot. I have short loop on all tubes and a clasp 0n top front of shoulder strap, bugle tucks under strap toward back. I leave it when Im running and gunning, as I move in blowing calls behind me.

One year I used a big coozy that I cut two vertical slits in, and threaded my pack belt strap through. Poor longevity. Now I use a cheap cell phone quick release and riveted the button to my bugle tube. Pretty slick for $6.
76015CC4-744A-4263-A488-BF49872EA101.png