Best powder for 204

Does anyone have a good load for H4895 & 39 gr SBK? Just bought a new Savage 110 in .204 Ruger and as much as the new accustock is better than the older stocks I went with a B&C Target/Varmint which is a very good stock.
B&C.jpg

I have came close to ordering a Boyd's and new bottom metal more my Savage model 10, the internal magazine is crap and my single complaint with the rifle. I really like that Bell and Carlson though, I may have to look in to one of those.

28.2gr of 8208 XBR, Berger 35gr
27.7 grain 4895 and 40 gr Berg or V max Work well in both of mine, my buddy has 3 different 204's and also do well. 8208, CFE, also works wonders. For a 32gr VMax 28.0grs of Benchmark does the trick. I live in Northwestern ND, P-dogs are out if the sun is out. We have painted the snow Red in January, one day a few years ago it was up to 28* and sunny in January, doesn't happen often , but we made the best of it.

Another vote for Brenchmark. I use 39 BK and 32 Vmax bullets, depending on the rifle. They make for a bad day for prairie dogs.

I found 2 really good loads which actually have decent SD's and ES's which are hard to get low with .204
25.7 gr 8208xbr with 35 gr Bergers shoots a slower 3540 mv with 0.21 groups.

27.7 gr H4895 with 39 gr SBK shoots a nice 3860 mv with also a 0.21 groups.
Going out with my son Saturday to seek the red mist.

32 v-max in 1 rifle with CFE223 4100fps
39 blitzking in the other CFE223 3880fps
Both shoot ragged holes
Barrel in 1 looks pretty bad but still shoots, hope it gets me by this summer and then a new tube.

I recently returned from a p-dog outing last weekend. I tried a new combo of a 39grn Sierra Blitzking and Reloader 10x. I had excellent results. Very good a longer distances and excellent wind resistance.

I am currently developing some loads for myself. Starting with Varget and CFE came highly recommended as well. Will provide updates when i get there
Same here I have a bunch of varget to use up and I bought 300 Lehigh 30 grain controlled chaos bullets to test out but Im shooting them out of an AR with a 20 inch barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.