Best dates to plan my middle Georgia hunt?

Bominiscious

My wife's family has several hundred acres in Washington county Georgia. This is right in the middle of the state and every year for 25 years I have hunted it the week of Thanksgiving. None of them hunt. They are farmers and they are extremely hospitable and gracious with their land, but don't know a lot about Whitetail habitat. My son and daughters and I have killed several bucks through the years around Thanksgiving, but I know we've never hunted the prime pre-rut and I'd love to do that this year hoping to catch the first dose coming into estrous and the bucks cruising.

We will still be going down for the week of Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite weeks of the year with lots of family memories and now I have a new granddaughter who will be with us this year! Is good and I am blessed.

I'd like to plan a three or four day hunt and wondering when I should go. I'm wondering if late October would be best or if I should go early November. Does anyone have information on typical rut activity in that area? It's a wonderful situation as I have a place to stay And need minimum preparation. I have a couple of ladder stands, several ground blinds that I set up over the last few thanksgivings . I can also use my climbing stand or saddle to hunt the property.

Thanks in advance for any input.

My wife's family has several hundred acres in Washington county Georgia. This is right in the middle of the state and every year for 25 years I have hunted it the week of Thanksgiving. None of them hunt. They are farmers and they are extremely hospitable and gracious with their land, but don't know a lot about Whitetail habitat. My son and daughters and I have killed several bucks through the years around Thanksgiving, but I know we've never hunted the prime pre-rut and I'd love to do that this year hoping to catch the first dose coming into estrous and the bucks cruising.

We will still be going down for the week of Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite weeks of the year with lots of family memories and now I have a new granddaughter who will be with us this year! Is good and I am blessed.

I'd like to plan a three or four day hunt and wondering when I should go. I'm wondering if late October would be best or if I should go early November. Does anyone have information on typical rut activity in that area? It's a wonderful situation as I have a place to stay And need minimum preparation. I have a couple of ladder stands, several ground blinds that I set up over the last few thanksgivings . I can also use my climbing stand or saddle to hunt the property.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Check out the GON Website for the "RUT" in all areas of GA. They are usually pretty good on dates through GA. It's awesome watching a Buck trailing a Doe and Licking his nose to keep the scent up.
Good luck my friend. A hunter got a 27 Point next to our land in Sparta, GA last Year. They (over 4 miles range with Sheds) called him the "HIT LIST Buck". From several Hunt Camps, A lot of trail cams go him, but he has a lot of other Bucks on the Grounds from his breeding.
We have a Private Shooting and Hunting Property off of Log Cabin Road in Sparta.
Have a few Share Holder openings available.
Thanks
Len & Jill