Best 223 bc loaded ammo

69precision

I know I know, I should reload.
That aside, what is the best bc available for loaded ammo for .223 rem?
The 77 he black hills tmk, and federal 80 gr match both show .420. Is there anything available that beats that as far as loaded ammo? Thanks.

What is barrel twist and length.
Best is gonna depend on your rifle.
High BC doesn't always guarantee most accurate. That is true for my .223.

Ammo has nothing to do with BC (Ballistic Coefficient). The BC only has to do with the bullet (projectile) itself.

Also, just because a factory loaded round has a high-BC bullet, does not mean that your rifle will like it, or that it will coincide with your rifle's twist rate. A lot of bolt-action .223 rifles seem to have really slow twists, which means you might be stuck to the lighter weight bullets. If your rifle has a 1:7, that would allow you to stabilize just about any .223 bullet on the market, including the really high BC offerings, like the Berger 90 grain VLD's.

Reloading would definitely be in your best interest if you are looking for true precision and high-BC bullets.

I know I know, I should reload.
That aside, what is the best bc available for loaded ammo for .223 rem?
The 77 he black hills tmk, and federal 80 gr match both show .420. Is there anything available that beats that as far as loaded ammo? Thanks.

I could be wrong but they are probably tops for factory loaded ammo.

26" 7 twist.
Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I understand you never know what will shoot out of a given rifle.
I do realize the bullet itself is what the BC refers to.
Feenix answered the question. I was basically wondering of the 80 gr A-max or 90gr VLD can be bought as loaded ammo anywhere. Seems not?

Yes, call coppercreek ammo, just do this and talk to them, regardless if you actually buy any ammo.

and pay no attention to whether or not they have any of what you want on their website.
I don't know if I've ever ordered something that was actually on their website.

I was incredibly happy with the prices, but then again 223 isn't generally a high cost round.

26" 7 twist.
Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I understand you never know what will shoot out of a given rifle.
I do realize the bullet itself is what the BC refers to.
Feenix answered the question. I was basically wondering of the 80 gr A-max or 90gr VLD can be bought as loaded ammo anywhere. Seems not?

Hopefully, you've been saving your brass. If you want to shoot those heavies, you'd be better of reloading yourself instead of having a custom reloading company load it for you. Also, those bullets are extremely long you might have to single shoot it.

Reloading will take you to another level of your shooting experience. Good luck!

It's a bolt action, so I single feed it anyway. I'm shooting the loaded federal ammo right now the 80 grain match King. That's working pretty well but of course I'm always looking for something a little better.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.