Bergara B14 Ridge SP

Mike433

Hi all,
As a late Christmas present to myself, I purchased a Bergara B14 Ridge SP in .308 specifically to use for Pennsylvania whitetails. I have plenty of big bang sticks in .300RUM, .338RUM, .270WBYMAG, etc. for my western trips and they all shoot lights out. I have a TBAC Dominus suppressor still in jail (tax stamp check cashed on 4/28/21) and really don't want to go chopping up my 24" - 26" barrels that all will shoot sub MOA. Not to mention, putting a suppressor on a 26" barrel isn't the best idea for maneuvering around my whitetail box blind to get the darn thing out the window. Settled on the .308 SP with an 18" barrel. Hard to find online, but I located one on guns.com. Never bought anything through this outfit before and after looking at some online reviews, there are way more negative than positive reviews out there. I was hesitant to pull the trigger, but decided to give it a go. I have to say, the process was stupid easy, the gun arrived at my FFL in a week and I could follow the shipment the entire way via UPS. Picked the gun up tonight and I'm impressed by the feel right out of the box. Looking forward to slapping a scope on there and seeing what I can figure out with reloads. I have no affiliation with guns.com, but hopefully someone who is doing their online research on them can find this review and feel a little bit better about making a purchase. I won't hesitate to buy from them again, but I'm pretty sure if I do, I'll be sleeping on the couch for a while. The wife says I have enough guns now so I'll have to keep future purchases quiet (wink wink)...