Bell & Carlson; state loyalty

Best bang for the buck. Bedded mine and really shoots good. Significant improvement from stock.

Attachments

• IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 24
I have traditional wood and laminate stocks. I have a BC stock and magpul hunter stock also. I like all of them for different reasons. I replaced the cheap plastic stock on my Sako A7 25.06 two seasons ago. I love the BC stock it is a definite improvement in quality. However, it did not really improve the accuracy. The gun was already accurate and it is still accurate. About .75 MOA with factory rounds it likes. Somtimes .5 MOA. I even skimm bedded it and saw no real improvements in accuracy. Although I have not really tested it at longer distances. It may have helped out long distances.
I guess I am a traditionalist. I prefer to carry a BC or laminate style stocks when I am hunting. Real wood is great but I hate to beat up nice wood stock. The magpul hunter stock is great. But I do not like the feel of it across my back or when I am hand-carrying it. To me a traditional stock feels better in sling or in hand. Probably just what I am used.
I have a cheap plastic stock on new Rem 700 in 30.06. I plan to replace it with a BC stock. I have never had a Manners level stock, so I don't have that to compare to.

I have several Bell and Carlsons.They are great stocks.But like others,I bed it.Even though they have aluminum bedding blocks,the rear of the recoil lug may not make solid contact.This can cause you some accuracy issues.This is not just a problem with this brand,I find it with other brands too.

I have always thought the Bell and Carlson stocks were a great value.
My Weatherby vanguard came with their stock and has not been bedded, shoots fine.
I have their stocks on a model 70 and on a Mauser sporter. Both have been on those rifles for 30 years. Both have been bedded.
The stock on the Mauser has been repainted at least twice, still works great.
I have never noticed their stocks to be sticky.

Bought two recently. They are good at the price point and come with a pachmayer pad. The fit and finish is not quite as good as a HS but it's not bad.

buffalobwana & mnoland30

They both sound like an unpleasant experiences. I am glad everyone is ok.

I agree B&C stocks are heavy but they are a good value. I have one for a T3X CTR on the way back to B&C for evaluation, the cartridges don't feed correctly from the magazines. There seems to be too much distance between the bottom of the receiver and the bottom metal. The CS at B&C was pleasant to deal with once they responded to my initial request. I will try to keep you guys updated on the progress.

Last edited:
Went shooting with my 280 AI today. I've decided a little bit of extra weight wouldn't be horrible for it. The B&C would go on it

While I can shoot it fairly well when I settle down and really concentrate, it's a light rifle and it's tricky to get right at times. I'd rather truck around an extra half pound than have a finicky rifle (or rifleman)