Been gone awhile

Boyd, good morning and welcome. I hope to run into some of you boys at the Eastern show.

Thanks for the welcome...Might see you there Len....Still got the same phone # Joel....Had a rough go of it there for awhile...Had a new baby last December who just turned 1 on the 18th.Didn't get to do much last year but work...Only shot a few 1000 yard matches..Things should be better this year

Last edited:
Boyd Heaton? Who is he?? :D

??????????????
Sorry but I am a newbie as are many.
Well I have been here about a year
but Boyd has been gone a while.
Care to write a short biography Bob?
Welcome back into your lope Boyd.
Hope all is going well:)
Mike

Last edited:
Boyd is pretty much just like you and me. His only claim to fame is that he has a daughter that can shoot really well.

http://www.pa1000yard.com/shooterinfo/shooterstats.php?shooter=3749

When I first started back long range hunting five or six years ago, I would go up to Mifflin, Pa and shoot competition events with a lot of the people from Pa and that is how I happen to know so many of them.
I do not remember exactly, but Boyd did or nearly did break the Pa 1000 yard record for agg. A few years ago I posted a couple of videos of Boyd shooting some deer at long range. They were really great videos. The link is now dead so you cannot see them any more.

Last edited:
??????????????
Sorry but I am a newbie as are many.
Well I have been here about a year
but Boyd has been gone a while.
Care to write a short biography Bob?
Welcome back into your lope Boyd.
Hope all is going well:)
Mike

gamehauler,

Back when I was starting out in the LRH stuff, Boyd and a few of his buddies were my inspiration. I learned a lot from them. Its good to see him here.

Having grown up in Penn's Woods, Butler Co. I would always try to figure a way to get those deer over on that other hill. It wasn't until nearly a lifetime later that I caught on from the PA boys.......when I was in Idaho. But it works here too.

Boyd is pretty much just like you and me. His only claim to fame is that he has a daughter that can shoot really well.

Shooter Stats

When I first started back long range hunting five or six years ago, I would go up to Mifflin, Pa and shoot competition events with a lot of the people from Pa and that is how I happen to know so many of them.
I do not remember exactly, but Boyd did or nearly did break the Pa 1000 yard record for agg. A few years ago I posted a couple of videos of Boyd shooting some deer at long range. They were really great videos. The link is now dead so you cannot see them any more.
BobThe link you posted of my daughter was a pretty bad year.Mine wasn't much better.Fought our way through a bad batch or primers.She,for the most part is better on the trigger than I am.Maybe its the young eyes.I wish I knew...She has done things at 1000 yards that I haven't.She has shot 4 inch 10 shot groups at 1000 yards.I haven't...She has shot more 5 inch groups than I have.She has top fived a heavy gun group agg at williamsport.Which is something I have never done..I did hold a light gun score agg World Record back in 2006.The guy I took it from must have wanted it more than me cause he took it back last year..I was trying to post video clips on he but was unable to????

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.