Base and rings upgrade?

upacreek

Any suggestions for brand or style? Right now I have leupold dovetail with widage adjustment. How much will this effect my scope and will I see any benifit from a different style? My scope is a vortex viper 20x. Its on 7mmRM. I have heard the rail style bases are just as inacurately machined as my leupolds could cause. Any advise would be appreciated.

BTW, right now if I could be 1moa at 800yrds it would be awesome. Not shooting 1000+ yrds.

I favor rails on my rifles and can swap easy if needed,you can also get something like 20 moa to help with the dial up farther out. I like NFLites, Seekin, and Mark 4's for ring, the vortex is a seekin copy

I favor rails on my rifles and can swap easy if needed,you can also get something like 20 moa to help with the dial up farther out.

+1! There are excellent choices out there depending on your rifle model and budget. For rings, I have great results with Burris Signature Zee rings with inserts.

Good luck and happy safe hunting/shooting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Look into Near Mfg Alphamount for the strongest, lightest and most appealing base and ring combo. He (Richard Near) also makes picatinny bases and ring sets if that's you preference. Just give him a call, he'll work with you one on one over the phone and you'll both be sure you only buy once.

Near Manufacturing

Any suggestions for brand or style? Right now I have leupold dovetail with widage adjustment. How much will this effect my scope and will I see any benifit from a different style? My scope is a vortex viper 20x. Its on 7mmRM. I have heard the rail style bases are just as inacurately machined as my leupolds could cause. Any advise would be appreciated.

BTW, right now if I could be 1moa at 800yrds it would be awesome. Not shooting 1000+ yrds.

For me it is tough to upgrade from Burris Signature rings.

Look into Near Mfg Alphamount for the strongest, lightest and most appealing base and ring combo. He (Richard Near) also makes picatinny bases and ring sets if that's you preference. Just give him a call, he'll work with you one on one over the phone and you'll both be sure you only buy once.

Near Manufacturing

+111 on the Near Alphamount and the Near Rails they're pricy but you will not find a better engineered product. Call Richard he is very helpful.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.