Bansner Sheep Hunter verses Stocky’s Ultra Carbon Hunter?

wilkup

I finally bit the bullet and built a hunting rifle with the straight grip stock after people telling me how great they are for years…
I don't know if I'm just old fashion or what but after 2 seasons I still don't really care for the style grip and am wanting to go back to something more traditional with a touch of the straight grip influence like my last Grayboe Terrain stock I used a few years back. I'd just buy another Grayboe but they're super heavy and I did like how light my newest rifle was.
I've heard great things about the Bansner stocks for years but that Stocky's is a pretty slick option too.
Anyone have experience with both?
Which would you pick?

Your choice of action and barrel will also impact your stock. You should start by deciding the action first, IMO. I recently had to re-inlet a carbon fiber stock since I cannot shake my addiction to savage actions (since I can swap barrels) and it was a pain. Worked out in the end, but grinding around on a $600 stock is a learning experience.....

Your choice of action and barrel will also impact your stock. You should start by deciding the action first, IMO. I recently had to re-inlet a carbon fiber stock since I cannot shake my addiction to savage actions (since I can swap barrels) and it was a pain. Worked out in the end, but grinding around on a $600 stock is a learning experience.....
I also have an addiction to the savage rifles, I've gotten quick at swapping barrels. I've got a pure precision carbon stock with a 22 inch carbon 7prc barrel from Oregon Mountain on a 116 action probably the 2nd most expensive savage in central Mt and love it. It's a hammer and lightweight. Pure Precision is awesome to work with

If you like traditional style stocks you will love a Bansner. That would be my vote hands down. Very light weight and just has a great feel. I cannot speak on the Stockys.

Recent Posts