Ballistic calculator issues

I agree there are variables, but everything can be accounted for to check against the ballistic calculation (muzzle velocity, scope height, temperature, elevation, wind) except the shooter's aim. You can't verify ballistics very well at 100. At 500, average drop of 10 shots being 36 inches vs 42 inches would help validate ballistics, taking the scope out of the equation. 100 yds for the scope check, 500 for ballistics check.
Whole point of a tall target test is for the validation of the scope. I really don't think the BC and fps etc is part of the issue.

There's all sorts of things you can do or not be doing. Don't waste your time with the Tall Target test unless you are dying to know if it's your scope that's off.

Bottom line is, you always TRUE your Calculator to your actual data! 0-600 yards you true the velocity, yes it will be different from your Chrono, then past 600... I'd say 800 yards plus, you stop truing the velocity and true the BC of the bullet. that's the standard with any Ballistics Calculator. Don't worry what it is telling you, they are almost always off to some degree. Go with your DOPE.

No doubt whatever clicks it takes to get on target is what's getting taped to the stock for use, I was just wanting to know why the numbers weren't even close. As far off as it is, it almost has to be scope related in my opinion. I'll find out next weekend.

Before retirement I was an engineer in a few fields. I used to be called anal, but I preferred "detail oriented". Either is fine.
I zeroed my scope, made my reload adjustments, gathered my data shooting, (usually), eastbound in the Arizona desert. Scope zeroed at 440 yards.
Went to a lower elevation, pretty close, shooting west bound, latitude and longitude changes. I was shooting low left POI, 12/14 inches from POA.
Adjusted in. Figured my scope must have gotten knocked from zero, hoping it, scope, was not damaged.
Went to regular shooting place. Needed to adjust back to original zero point.
Little things make a big difference.

Before retirement I was an engineer in a few fields. I used to be called anal, but I preferred "detail oriented". Either is fine.
I zeroed my scope, made my reload adjustments, gathered my data shooting, (usually), eastbound in the Arizona desert. Scope zeroed at 440 yards.
Went to a lower elevation, pretty close, shooting west bound, latitude and longitude changes. I was shooting low left POI, 12/14 inches from POA.
Adjusted in. Figured my scope must have gotten knocked from zero, hoping it, scope, was not damaged.
Went to regular shooting place. Needed to adjust back to original zero point.
Little things make a big difference.
Hate to disagree , but it was the wind, not the changes in latitude etc. At 440 yards the BC isn't even a factor, no spin drift etc. It's the wind

There's all sorts of things you can do or not be doing. Don't waste your time with the Tall Target test unless you are dying to know if it's your scope that's off.

Bottom line is, you always TRUE your Calculator to your actual data! 0-600 yards you true the velocity, yes it will be different from your Chrono, then past 600... I'd say 800 yards plus, you stop truing the velocity and true the BC of the bullet. that's the standard with any Ballistics Calculator. Don't worry what it is telling you, they are almost always off to some degree. Go with your DOPE.
Except he said the data for other rifles is dead on. Only this rifle is different. Don't you find it odd to have other rifles and profiles be dead on, meaning he knows how to use the app, chrono, etc and feed the data into the app. Maybe his scope isn't the issue but its not a top tier long range scope and it's not been tested. Nikon X1000 Black 4-16x50 seems hit or miss on reviews.

Except he said the data for other rifles is dead on. Only this rifle is different. Don't you find it odd to have other rifles and profiles be dead on, meaning he knows how to use the app, chrono, etc and feed the data into the app. Maybe his scope isn't the issue but its not a top tier long range scope and it's not been tested. Nikon X1000 Black 4-16x50 seems hit or miss on reviews.
No, there are so many variables . That's why you true each rifle with your respective load on all your BC profiles. If it's spot on, awesome, now take it past 80p and let's see... doubt they are all spot on. We need to see what max distance he has shot all his rifles

Hate to disagree , but it was the wind, not the changes in latitude etc. At 440 yards the BC isn't even a factor, no spin drift etc. It's the wind
Perhaps. But I do not think so.

I returned to the exact same location, and took the set-points back to what adjustments were required, (previous trip), POA = POI.
I always recheck and back up data to ensure what I have, is correct.
Whenever I return to the other location, I know where to place my set-points.
Little things may make a big difference. I try to remove any points of doubt.
I am in process of writing a program which will use every variable I can find. Hoping I will be correct, and be able to enter GPS data, and have the proper set-points appear.
I do not expect it to be as good as the militaries program, but being retired I need something to keep me busy.

Perhaps. But I do not think so.

I returned to the exact same location, and took the set-points back to what adjustments were required, (previous trip), POA = POI.
I always recheck and back up data to ensure what I have, is correct.
Whenever I return to the other location, I know where to place my set-points.
Little things may make a big difference. I try to remove any points of doubt.
I am in process of writing a program which will use every variable I can find. Hoping I will be correct, and be able to enter GPS data, and have the proper set-points appear.
I do not expect it to be as good as the militaries program, but being retired I need something to keep me busy.
What was your wind data for each of these trips?

The place we shoot we can get to 650 yards. I could go further at another farm, but I don't shoot a whole lot honestly. Just preparing for hunting trips. That's why I'm not trying a shot further than 600, I don't have actual data or experience there so it is what it is. Plus, I'm not much of a Hunter if I can't get within 600 yards of an animal.

Another major impact on POI/POA shifts could be mirage. Not enough guys take this into consideration, we had an issue once at 350 where we were impacting 6" high right. Next day early in the AM everything was back to normal, Temps were way different causing enough mirage that powering down didn't help.

It seems a bit odd to me that a company like Nikon, who's been making rifle scopes since World War II, would screw up something as basic (to them) as elevation adjustments on a midrange scope. I'm interested to find out what the ultimate issue is!

It seems a bit odd to me that a company like Nikon, who's been making rifle scopes since World War II, would screw up something as basic (to them) as elevation adjustments on a midrange scope. I'm interested to find out what the ultimate issue is!
not a scope I'd trust my life with when compared to Nightforce, ZCo etc. I sold all my Niokon's great cameras... that's about it

(3) NF NXS scopes I've had adjusted at 1.09 IPHY per MOA.
(3) Leupold Mk4s adjusted at exactly 1.047 IPHY per MOA.

It doesn't matter to me as I take everything to IPHY (the finest resolution) and enter it in my software.