Backcountry Elk Hunt (big turrets)

Beefbonger

Hey folks,
Just wanting to throw a scenario out for advice.
Backpacking into the Bob Marshall late this summer for an elk hunt.
I'd like to secure my rifle in/with my pack for the climb in, but using a 1st Gen Vortex Razor I have some pretty big turrets.
Thoughts on wrapping around them, or other ways to keep safe and secure?
Many thanks!

Hey folks,
Just wanting to throw a scenario out for advice.
Backpacking into the Bob Marshall late this summer for an elk hunt.
I'd like to secure my rifle in/with my pack for the climb in, but using a 1st Gen Vortex Razor I have some pretty big turrets.
Thoughts on wrapping around them, or other ways to keep safe and secure?
Many thanks!
I use Scopecoats on all my scopes. They cover the entire scope and keeps debris and rain/snow out. I carry my rifles in Eberlstock packs. They have been in and out hundreds of times and never had a problem with anything moving on my Nightforce scopes.

I've used the scope cover with muzzle cover deals, they work.

I've also used and currently use, Eberlestock scabbards on my packs.

And I run a Seek Outside pack right now, but I also ran an Eberlestock lodrag for years with my Fclass rifle hunting coyotes, big turrets as well, 8-32x56 scope on that rig.

I like the scabbard, I have the butt cover for it as well, which will enclose the scabbard.

Put a good lot of miles on that type of rig without issue.

And I don't baby things, plus, that fclass rig was about 16lbs, so it was a fair bit of weight moving around, shifting, and such.

The scabbard will remain my way now forward.

My rifles always front carry in grizzly area.Safari sling or gun bearer. I also dimple top of turret with small drill, dot right above zero, easy glance down and confirm, course no problem on my mark 5 locking, has a silver pin close to zero also. Ask the Rileys out of GF,if they every had a grizzly problem.You can also use white finger nail polish for a refence dot.ive had my march dial move a small amount but easy glance and see.i really not that many problems with bears, but I've had them move off trail many times I've walked ,100' s in dark.But hey I have a weapon light on my front bipod rail on way in too.