azmuliehunter

azmuliehunter

What can I tell you. I'm an Arizona native & I live in the NW corner of the state. I started chasing Mulies when I was about 5-6 years old with my dad. That's a long time ago because I'm in my early 70's now. I have hunted other big game, but Mulies are my favorite.

I'm a Marine, active duty from 1965-1973, disabled and I am a retired police officer and Justice of the Peace.

Married almost 49 years, 2 kids, 10 G/kids & 4 Great G/kids.

I recently purchased a Savage 308 and have made it my long range rifle. It seems I can't hike the mountains like I used to, so my plan is to glass up a big Mulie, shoot it, then get on the radio and tell my kids &/or G/kids where it is so they can pack it out for me.

God Bless America.

Larry, welcome to the forum. I spent a lot of time in Kingman 1950's - 1970's. Hunted deer between Canesprings and Kingman. I like your plan, good luck with that .308 Savage.

Welcome! Any cool pics of those NW AZ mulies? I killed a monster on the Kaibab on my first hunt in AZ, which was 15+ years ago when I was in college, and haven't hunted AZ since. One and done.......love AZ and majority of family from there (including both parents), just not a big fan of fish and game after they changed the regs about 12+ years ago.

Larry, welcome to the forum. I spent a lot of time in Kingman 1950's - 1970's. Hunted deer between Canesprings and Kingman. I like your plan, good luck with that .308 Savage.

Hey Dosh. The Hualapai's are suffering from a shortage right now; I think it's just the bottom of the cycle. I usually hunt across the river from there & nice bucks are low on count there too. Of course if you go to the Hualapai Lodge for dinner, you can watch the deer & elk feed outside the window...lol.

(Hualapai is pronounced Wallop-eye, for you un educated:D)

Welcome! Any cool pics of those NW AZ mulies? I killed a monster on the Kaibab on my first hunt in AZ, which was 15+ years ago when I was in college, and haven't hunted AZ since. One and done.......love AZ and majority of family from there (including both parents), just not a big fan of fish and game after they changed the regs about 12+ years ago.

Yeah, G&F changes the regs quite regularly.

This is from a game camera, if I posted it right.

Attachments

• WGI_0841.jpg
    WGI_0841.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 67
Welcome to the forum. You will find a great deal of info here. AZ has allot of great hunting opportunities as long as you can draw a tag. Personally going on 5 years trying to get an Elk tag myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts