AZ LOPE SEPT. 6

SO I HUNT

I'm not much for posting stuff here we go I've put in for 25 years and drew this year (happy me) scouted different areas of the unit and found 4 that made the list. First one on the list we didn't hunt guide and 6 helpers stay with him till opening morning and killed him mid 80's I think?
We went looking for number 2 which we finally found game planed made for opening morning found the does no buck crap, so we took a loop road nothing. Coming down in another direction we glass a lone goat not far from does we earlier so packed up and off we go made to area to hike in and look for the buck again nothing. We go to turn around to head towards the truck and I made one more scan located the doe's and buck😊
We ran well fast walk to the truck drive around to them above them and walk in on them 358 yard's shot the rest is history love the buck couldn't happier. I'm sure I left more out, but you get the idea..
Benchmark barrel 6.5 PRC 24" on Winchester action
Hand loads Berger 135 Hunter Classic (3049fps)
Ruff scored 77-78

Attachments

• IMG_7128.jpeg
    IMG_7128.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2156.jpeg
    IMG_2156.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2155.jpeg
    IMG_2155.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 186
Congrats. How many permits do they issue on that unit? I have 14 points. I am far down the list and will be extremely lucky if I ever draw another AZ lope tag.
They had 60 permits, but they could reduce it again the of number antelope wasn't like years before? I had 27 bonus points. Good luck with your draw you never know drawing tags in Arizona lol 😆