Attach a squeaker to your gun?

FIGJAM

so my new coyote gun has a monte carlo type stock. In the past I have always had a buttstock pouch and kept my squeaker in there so I could hit it to stop or coax a coyote in a little closer. I can't find a buttstock pouch for a monte carlo stock. You guys that use a squeaker as part of your arsenal, how and where do you attach it to your rifle? One of my buddies uses velcro...i am not opposed to that, but Wondering if there is a better way.

What type of stock pouch? I've used them on every type of stock, monte carlo types didn't make a difference.

What type of stock pouch? I've used them on every type of stock, monte carlo types didn't make a difference.

Some thing like this one that is on my 260. When I put it on my Bergara with the monte carlo, there is a gap in the back.

BCAFA28C-DE27-4684-8B89-0B1A0151F625.jpeg

This is the one I want a pouch for:

FD41E290-B6E7-47E2-A043-3F0C39F362C4.jpeg

so my new coyote gun has a monte carlo type stock. In the past I have always had a buttstock pouch and kept my squeaker in there so I could hit it to stop or coax a coyote in a little closer. I can't find a buttstock pouch for a monte carlo stock. You guys that use a squeaker as part of your arsenal, how and where do you attach it to your rifle? One of my buddies uses velcro...i am not opposed to that, but Wondering if there is a better way.
my squeaker comes with a rubber band type of attachment and I attach that to my front hand that hold the forarm and I can aim and squeak at the same time !

my squeaker comes with a rubber band type of attachment and I attach that to my front hand that hold the forarm and I can aim and squeak at the same time !

My buddy just keeps his in his pocket...where I use the bipod, I found it easy to wrap my fore end hand down to the stock pack and hit the squeaker while looking through the scope. Kind of like you would while shooting prone or off a bench. I have another buddy who Velcro's his to the forend. I like keeping it in the buttstock pack, just because it is always there and I never have to worry about losing it or forgetting it.

Put your closed lips on the base of your thumb on your trigger hand when you cheek your rifle. Suck in some air to get a squeaking sound. With a little practice you can become good at it. No need to be loud because they can hear a mouse crawling through the grass at 100 yards. I learned this from an old Coyote hunter and believe me, it works!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.