Athlon Cronus BTR Scope

How about some of their other optics, like the binos or spotter?

For years I used a Mk4 spotter with a TMR reticle in it for my LR shooting, but ended up selling it after I bought a Swaro ATS 65 HD. While the Swaro is great optically I still miss having a reticle in the spotter for when I'm out "rock hunting" while practicing. There are those days when I'd give up a little optical performance just to have a good reticle in my spotter. I saw that the Cronus spotter has an available reticle, which makes it one of only a few spotters available with a FFP reticle. I don't want a spotter with a reticle bad enough to fork over the $4K for a Swaro STR 80 so maybe the Athlon spotter is worth a look.

It sounds like everyone is very happy with how the Athlon scopes are working out so I would imagine that their top end glass would carry over to the binos and spotter too. The MSRP on the spotter is about $1200, so if the glass on the Cronus line is as good as it sounds that would be a steal.
I have not looked through the binos and spotters yet. The folks at Athlon are adamant that their Cronus line are at the top of the heap of high end optics.

I am an moa guy, trying to wrap my head around mils because of this spotter. With the mil reticle and nice size and weight for the pack, this would be a great tool for the system. If the clarity is as good as reported I am thinking I will not miss the extra power that I am lugging around now.

https://athlonoptics.com/product-category/spotting-scopes/cronus-tactical/

I have a Athlon Cronus BTR I can't see the cross hairs under 15x . Glass is excellent ,I also have a Zeiss V6 and that glass is one small step better,but with a thicker reticle .

Yes and yes on worthless hash marks .I have two other FFP scopes SWFA 5-20x50mm and Weaver Tactical 3-15x50mm both of those I can use the reticle entire range . But its a great scope.I'll be blowing up prairie dogs with in June 1st

Definitely a trade off. One of the things I am not wild about with the Ares BTR is that the reticle is too thick. I think that's one of the nails in its coffin. I really like the fine reticle of the Cronus and ETR for lower magnification/close(erish) shots. If I've got to get up in the 10 or 12x + magnification, I'm ranging and dialing anyway. But I do see exactly where you are coming from.

Ares Btr 4.5 x 15. Mos. Go ir
Maroon is $900
A price on this would be fantastic Or perhaps a % off for a group deal.
Thanks
I can't offer a "group deal" per Athlon MAP pricing. I am willing to quote a one time price for our initial order. I am going to try and get this order done by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Anyone interested in placing an order should pm me or email me at [email protected] to get a quote for your desired optic.

If its perfectly clear at 29x ,why wouldn't it be on 15x ?
I know how I see a cross hair is diff than how others do. I have to adjust the scope to my eye. When I do this the cross hair is not good for others in that scope. Happened as I got older and my close vision is not as good as it was.

I think there is a sticky on how to focus a cross hair in the optics forum.

If you are on the fence about getting some great new optics, now is the time. I can't advertise prices on this initial order as they are lower than the min advertised price that Athlon allows. We will not have prices this low again. Only for our initial pre order. We will be placing this order tomorrow so don't let it get away. Particularly you guys that are thinking about some top drawer optics. You simply can't come close to the value of the Athlon Cronus line of spotters, binos, and rifle scopes. Particularly with the prices that we are giving for this initial order.

Feel free to call @ 406 261 0010 and I will quote you a price and get you in this order.

I am placing our initial order with Athlon today. Any of you who have contacted me with interest in an optic, and have not placed an order, today is the last chance to get the price that I quoted you. Anyone else that has been considering a high quality bino, spotter, or rifle scope, contact me asap to get in on this initial order.

406-261-0010

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.