ATF eForm 4 Reduced Wait Times?

It's possible you're correct, but I'd never in a million years change my vote for such a trivial gesture. I would quickly agree that college loans and immigration orchestrated invasion are buying the maggot votes with our money, but this?
Every little bit helps. Also relative is declassify marijuana. All last minute all manipulative to snag the groupie voter.

A lot of drug users probably never make it to the polls to vote….unless you give them a reason.
Oh agreed. However, there is a huge part of the population that indulges in marijuana consumption that are 100% engaged in every day life and they vote. But, enough complaining about politics. Back to our regularly scheduled long range hunting topics .

As it was explained to me by an FFL/SOT who transfers a huge number of suppressors:

In my opinion, the problem was that the ATF capriciously changed their stance on braces and it would awkward to suddenly require a Form 4/SBR for a pistol brace and then fail to process anything in a reasonable time span. That sort of seemingly intentional bottleneck would be an obvious obstruction to lawful activity. Some folks had already been waiting for over a year for any kind of approval, which is insane in itself, then comes the rule change. By putting on contractors vs relying on in-house staff, they were able to meet the temporary high demand.

As I had posted upstream, I just had a 4 day approval (counting the weekend days) on a pistol can and my "approved" email from the ATF arrived Sunday evening.

I had ordered two rifle cans and just about they arrives and the time I was ready to submit, ATF had some sort of software "glitch" and suddenly had difficulty accepting eForms with "cadence" (the suffixes Jr, Sr, III, etc.) and it took me about three weeks to finally get the ATF system to accept my two eForm4s. I was finally able to submit them yesterday. My FFL/SOT told me approvals are variable, but generally pretty quick, and said that some of the "lucky ones" have gone through in two days, while some are taking a week or more.

FWIW: The Form 4 I submitted on a suppressor in 2003 took just under three months for the ATF to do their 15 minute background check, which was said to be about average back then.
I got my first can in 2010 in only three weeks, my second one that is in a trust circa 2018 took over a year.

The answer may lie in the fact that there are purposed legislation to take silencers off the NFA list, AkA lost revenue $$$$$
I have yet to figure out how to chamber a round in a suppressor. It doesn't have a chamber. It doesn't have a trigger so even if I could chamber a round, without a chamber, I couldn't fire it. I suppose you could bonk someone on the head with one. It's not a "firearm", which is what the F in the middle of NFA stands for. It shouldn't be on the list or taxed.

In the last year I have bought 4 supressors. And they have been pretty much bought back to back. First was 6 months. 2nd 2 months. Third was 10 days. And the last was certified in 3 days!. Gun shop said one can was certified in 2 hours a day prior to my last when I picked it up.

Just noticed this! Can I file the e4form online?
Yes.
Do they still want photo and fingerprints?
Yes.
Or do I need to go to a local gun shop?
Eventually.
What is the procedure?
Your dealer will walk you through it, but here's what happens:

1) I went to the SilencerShop website, opened an account and located a local FFL/SOT with a SilencerShop Kiosk.
2) I went to the ATF website and set up an eform account.
3) I set up an appointment to visit the FFL/SOT and used his SS kiosk to scan my ID and fingerprints. The dealer took a picture and uploaded it for me (which you can do yourself). Dealers can charge up to $40 for use of the kiosk.
4) I found a silencer and bought it, then had it shipped to the dealer. You can also buy directly from/through the dealer if he has it or can get it.
5) When the dealer received it, we started an eForm 4 using the SS information to file it.
6) It took about two weeks to get through the process with SS for the form to be ready to certify and submit.
7) I bought the $200 tax stamp through SS and the dealer and I certified and submitted the form to the ATF The first time, I did this in person with the dealer. The second time, we did it over the phone with our respective computers.
8) When the tax stamp is approved by the ATF, you go to the dealer, fill out a 4473 and pick up our device.

I think that's about it, someone can correct me if I missed something. My recent results were 1 approval in four days and 2 approvals in two days.

Good Luck!!

Today I received an email from SilncerCo commenting on reduced eForm 4 wait times. It claimed that a new ATF process will reduce wait times to just a few days or weeks…. They pointed to this article

I'll believe it when I see it. Could be a marketing ploy. Anyone have any insider info?
There actually down to day for your tax stamp. That is true. Because there loosing in the courts. It has nothing to do with income from there tax stamp. It has to do with looking like idiots ( which they have perfected). And lose of control over you. If you can build a zip gun you can build a silencer. You don't ever see them used in a crime. So it has nothing to do with safety.

Today I received an email from SilncerCo commenting on reduced eForm 4 wait times. It claimed that a new ATF process will reduce wait times to just a few days or weeks…. They pointed to this article

I'll believe it when I see it. Could be a marketing ploy. Anyone have any insider info?
I just got 2 F4 approved in less than 72hrs... one was within 48hrs - I was shocked!

At the shop I my area they are getting approvals as fast as over night.Its all 100 percent digital as far as filing the paperwork. They stared in January and it's getting faster and faster. I tell everyone of your shop has gone digital now's is the time for you to get whatever you been looking at and don't be surprised if you get a call the next day saying you are ready to pickup.(i worked for the shop 11 years)
So get out the Cc and head to town