Asking again

DartonJager

Why no H4198 OR IMR4198 anywhere for, best guess going on 5 possibly 6 years?
My smokeless ML shoots one hole groups with it.

Don't think it's gone forever, I believe they running hard getting the more common powders out as fast as they can.
A lot of the 30BR shooters have switched to N130 during the drought and my LGS has 8# ers on the shelf right now.

I prefer enclosed/tube red dots. Then no different than a scope in the rain. Better to use some type of cover, but not unusable like open emitters. Many tube red dots have flip up covers for sale.

Understood. All of my smokeless ML performed best with H-4198.

Use VVN130.

:)
NOW YOU TELL ME!!!
I have one possibly two unopened jugs of VVN130. I know I bought 4 or 5 different VVN powders to try in my 10ML-II just never did as RL10X and H4198 shot so well I needed never try any other powder with all bullet weights from 245-325grs. I did trade off one bottle of VVN powder for more IMR3031 just don't recall right now which one it was.
Thank you.

Don't think it's gone forever, I believe they running hard getting the more common powders out as fast as they can.
A lot of the 30BR shooters have switched to N130 during the drought and my LGS has 8# ers on the shelf right now.
I am in my local Cabela's and BPS and a local M&P LGS EVERY week stocking up on powder, primers and some bullets and brass. Have not seen H4198 in at LEAST 5 years. Did see some IMR4198 ONE TIME and like an idiot opted to buy 450BM brass instead while IMR4198 is rare in my area OTC it is plentiful OL.

Last edited:

Recent Posts