AR's are flying off the shelf!!

His first weapon of choice was a claw hammer when he beat his grandmothers brains in.

The world we live in. Best to go armed.

It might Jim, if it was popular. It's not because in our modern society we have to protect ourselves from ourselves at all costs (to ourselves.....)

Somewhere along the line, we got everything backwards, now we are going to pay for the mistake. This anti gun and anti this and that sentiment proliferates in this country. Not just firearms. Look at motorcycles, same thing. Look at oil exploration and drilling, same thing, look at recycling and being green, same thing.... Not just firearms. There always seems to be a segment of society that is adamately against whatever it is that you want to do, whether it directly impacts them or not.

It's screwed up and we are all part of the problem and the solution as well.

Any good educated guess's on how many firearms were sold in the last week? How many rounds of ammo went into homes?? I wish they would give these numbers on TV they must know...LOL They have numbers on everything else and blab it on the agenda pushed media..
Lines at cabalas in Rogers MN were back to rear of the building and people were taking numbers to buy guns..LOL
A decent size local store that deals with"""NONE WOOD STOCKED FIREARMs""" were stripped to there shoe laces!!!
Would just be i intresting to know I guess, maybe someone here knows?

Think I stated earlier that I got online to get some primers at Wideners and they had none and Natchezz had none either. I like to keep a couple thousand on hand so when I run low, I get 'em.

Now, I wonder how many of those sales will trickle down to customers reloading the factory cartridges.... That would be interesting to know.

I suspect 223 and 308 anything will be in short supply for the foreseeable future. I don't believe it will have a big impact on our hunting rounds but we shall see.

I live real close to a Cabelas store (about 3 miles). I stay away most of the time.....

All my rifles have wood or snot stocks.....

And the news out of Webster NY today (Dec 24th) has a convicted murderer who spent 18 years locked up, starting a house fire and shooting at least 4 volunteer firemen, who responded to the call, 2 volunteers dead, 4 other local residence missing as the ensuing blaze burnt multiple homes.

Probably won't get much press as this was a prohibited person (felon) who all the laws on the books couldn't keep from having a gun. Yet the liberal anti-gun politicians want to let these types run wild, armed to the teeth, while the honest citizen sits defenseless at home.

Rather than more gun control how about a law that says "any convicted felon can have his person and property search for prohibited items at any time by local law enforcement agents, all violations will result in mandatory punishments, with-out due process of law."

After all they gave up there rights the day they committed there first felony, it's not hard to go thru life and keep a clean slate.

That may get there attention.

I got an ideah . I'll warn you i'm a little old fashioned so take a deep breath for this one:) .

The Law needs to get back to the days of old , If they would publicly HANG from the court house lawn that may get the THUGS attention ! I would guess it would slow things waaay down . Just my opinion. Now days they get free room and board . They dont have to even pay taxes, just eat the tax payers food, drink his water and burn up his power for life . In short they get a slap on the wrist.

Went to the local Stuff Mart today. The one by me sells AR clones and various other rifles, powder, ammo, etc. Four days ago they were running lean on the AR's, but today they were out of AR's and several other bolt actions. That display was clean and there wasn't anything in the back either. All ammo was almost completely gone except for 22 shorts and shotgun ammo. As much stock as they usually carry, that is saying something (other than they fact that people are overlooking feeding their shotguns, I mean). Dont know that I really see this as a bad thing - people are taking their second amendment rights somewhat seriously.

For now. Better go watch the news. Ms. Feinstein has something up her sleeve besides her arm......

Something like this perhaps:

Summary of 2013 legislation
Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
· Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
o 120 specifically-named firearms
o Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
o Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
· Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
o Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
o Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
o Banning firearms with "thumbhole stocks" and "bullet buttons" to address attempts to "work around" prior bans
· Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
· Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
o Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
o Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
o Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
· Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
o Background check of owner and any transferee;
o Type and serial number of the firearm;
o Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
o Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
o Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

Nice...

I hadn't read it until now. I heard about it.

Interestingly, Ms. Feinstein is a Concealed Carry Permit Holder and in the past has made public statements to the effect the she'd shoot to kill and intruder in her home or anyone assalting her family....

What a flip-flopper. Typical politician.

If I read it correctly, it basically says that as owners of sporting firearms (for the most part), we have to submit to fingerprinting by local LE, photograph each firearm with serial number and submit each to some sort of taxpayer funded database that would basically record the whereabouts so when (not if, but when) all firearms are declared illegal, they (government) can come and confiscate them without much trouble.....

Great.

Nice...

I hadn't read it until now. I heard about it.

Interestingly, Ms. Feinstein is a Concealed Carry Permit Holder and in the past has made public statements to the effect the she'd shoot to kill and intruder in her home or anyone assalting her family....

What a flip-flopper. Typical politician.

If I read it correctly, it basically says that as owners of sporting firearms (for the most part), we have to submit to fingerprinting by local LE, photograph each firearm with serial number and submit each to some sort of taxpayer funded database that would basically record the whereabouts so when (not if, but when) all firearms are declared illegal, they (government) can come and confiscate them without much trouble.....

Great.

Not just that, if you wanted to go hunting in the next state over, you would first have to obtain permission from the BATF to cross state line with your firearm.

Also, if you wanted to leave your firearm to your son or daughter or spouse (when you pass on), it would be illegal.

Does it not bother anyone that all across the news where there's a televised debate, that their always keying in on both sides to deaths? Just one time I would love to here LaPiere (or who ever) say "because the 2nd says so! This is what it says in black and white, this is what it means", hell bring out some quotes by the founding fathers "THIS IS WHAT THEY INTENDED".

Time after time, in debates, in court, in the news papers. They made their intentions crystal clear. They made it clear what the constitution meant and what it was supposed to stand for.

Is it so damned hard to say "Because it says so right here, in the very foundation of our country"? Because attacks on any part of the Constitution, that lead to weakening of the Constitution in any manner is, not only wrong, but borderline treason.

How many times has this topic been brought up in congress and brought to the supreme court to be upheld as "It means what it says"?

Sadly, this is about 'taking a crisis (real or imagined) and using it to it's best advantage....

It don't matter (to the current crop of politicians) if, in fact, the Constitution is compromised or not. It's about the 'crisis. and the 'moment'.

As of late, the Constitution has been construed in may ways, some much less than palitable.

I suspect this will be another Supreme Court decision but in the meantime, if it passes, we all suffer because of the sport we all enjoy.

Joe, very well stated. I am getting sick and tired telling people (who ask me questions because I am a "gun guy") that the 2nd amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting. They keep saying that you only need guns to hunt and they should only have 3 shots, blah, blah, blah. I keep a copy of the constitution right on the counter of our store and show them in PRINT what it says.

Randy

Does it not bother anyone that all across the news where there's a televised debate, that their always keying in on both sides to deaths? Just one time I would love to here LaPiere (or who ever) say "because the 2nd says so! This is what it says in black and white, this is what it means", hell bring out some quotes by the founding fathers "THIS IS WHAT THEY INTENDED".

Time after time, in debates, in court, in the news papers. They made their intentions crystal clear. They made it clear what the constitution meant and what it was supposed to stand for.

Is it so damned hard to say "Because it says so right here, in the very foundation of our country"? Because attacks on any part of the Constitution, that lead to weakening of the Constitution in any manner is, not only wrong, but borderline treason.

How many times has this topic been brought up in congress and brought to the supreme court to be upheld as "It means what it says"?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.