arcterx'y gear suggestions for half hunting half general outdoorsy person

rockwind

deserty portion of the SW portion of Merica
i know, i know,, sitka is the best hands down, i have plenty of sitka. there is no doubt or question about that. but,,,,,,,circumstances are making me buy some arcteryx gear. definitely getting some base layer stuff,,,, and a thinner down jacket,,, but has anyone used their packs or footwear? they don't have much in the way of camo stuff so not sure what else to get. advice/info appreciated, just remember, circumstances are making buy some non regular hunting clothing for hunting. i can't change brands. cross posted

You mentioned "thinner down jacket"...I'd recommend the Alpha LT. I've used it a bunch for hunting.

7789D6EE-D64C-4E68-B1B4-41D92C0333B6.jpeg

Spendy but good stuff. I wore out a cerium lt as a mid layer, was an awesome jacket I got on a pretty decent deal. Dunno if it warrants full msrp, but one of the best jackets I've ever had. Wife has some base layers and hardshell pants. The gortex shells breathe really well, I've worn a loaner to compare to a mountain hardwear seraction that was then the Uber gortex shell. It was a solid jacket.

If your worried it won't measure up to Sitka..... don't worry at all. Sitka may beat out marmot and north face but it's not up to arcteryx yet.

Transparency
2 of my athletes are sponsored by Arc'teryx.
I have a bunch of their clothes.
It's cut for the long, skinny, mountaineer/climber body type. I essentially lift weights for a living. It doesn't fit me perfectly.
It's top quality stuff.
I have not worn their shoes.
Their packs are great. They're well thought out, very light and fairly durable. They're excellent for the activities they are designed for.
I would not use one for hunting.

The clothes are generally very high quality. The LEAF line for mil/LE is more expensive but more durable. I've heard the packs are pretty good but also maybe a bit high-priced for what they actually are.

I use arc'teryx leaf atom pants for puffy pants. And sometimes use the arc'teryx atom lt jacket if the temp is going to be moderately cold.

If I had the coin I'd get the alpha for a hard shell.

Which alpha. There is the sv for severe conditions and the pro for alpine conditions
I have the Beta AR, it's a great all-around use hardshell if that's what you're after. I've used mine for hunting, military training, backcountry skiing, etc. The cost is high from the store but you can find them on discount websites if you look hard enough. They company will also replace it if something goes wrong (happened to me after 4+ yrs)

I have the Beta AR, it's a great all-around use hardshell if that's what you're after. I've used mine for hunting, military training, backcountry skiing, etc. The cost is high from the store but you can find them on discount websites if you look hard enough. They company will also replace it if something goes wrong (happened to me after 4+ yrs)
been shopping online,, it is hard to differentiate between their shell models... like why is one more expensive than the other. assume it is weight of goretex. the shells are just windproof outer shells with very little insulation, other than some interior cloth liners, right?

been shopping online,, it is hard to differentiate between their shell models... like why is one more expensive than the other. assume it is weight of goretex. the shells are just windproof outer shells with very little insulation, other than some interior cloth liners, right?
Most of them are gortex full waterproof shells. You'll have to read through but some do have a liner. I think those ones are either made for city walks or resort style skiing. Some of the other models are longer and have a different fit. They do have a huge catalog and don't do the best at explaining things.