AR 308 issue

Hunt5BN,
I tried to start a conversation with you/PM but is says I can't with you... ??? Looks like you have posted enough to be able to. Whatever. Who knows. It wasn't about your AR. It was about 5BN šŸ˜‰
Not sure how many posts I need to have to use the conversation feature. You can reach me at my screen name @gmail dot com.

Hunt5BN, did you use the spacer provided by JP for the Silent Capture system?

"No need to use a buffer detent and spring with a JP Silent Captured Spring." True joelpend, but they don't present any issue when the system is properly assembled. Plus, they keep the system from sliding out of the tube if the action is hinged open.

I did not.
They provide the spacers to take up any slop and provide adequate spring pressure to the BCG. Depending on the length of your buffer tube you may need to trim the provided spacer so that you have moderate but noticeable pressure on the rear of the BCG when the action is closed.

They provide the spacers to take up any slop and provide adequate spring pressure to the BCG. Depending on the length of your buffer tube you may need to trim the provided spacer so that you have moderate but noticeable pressure on the rear of the BCG when the action is closed.
Probably not that spacer, but the metal spacer might be required. The only time the nylon (or whatever it's made of) would need adjusting/trimming is if an a5 tube is used.z

the buffer spring is not sitting flush with the BCG, so the BCG has some play.
Like he above post said: I have actually made the cut in the buffer tube bigger with just a triagular cut fine file. Just to get the buffer tube a few more MM of thread engaugement to the pop up pin. The buffer weight should ride right against the BCG.

By chance is this a piston gun? From Adams Arms they sell a $5 spring that goes inside the BCG on the extractor aft of the bolt gas rings. See how it actually pushes my bolt back above the upper. I have to push the BCG forward to close the lower. The spring ensures that the BCG rides against the buffer weight.

the-full-guide-to-ar-15-bolt-carrier-group-featured-image.jpg

20240321_071043.jpg

The BCG ejector is spring loaded and easily pushes forward.

20240321_071136.jpg

Like he above post said: I have actually made the cut in the buffer tube bigger with just a triagular cut fine file. Just to get the buffer tube a few more MM of thread engaugement to the pop up pin. The buffer weight should ride right against the BCG.

By chance is this a piston gun? From Adams Arms they sell a $5 spring that goes inside the BCG on the extractor aft of the bolt gas rings. See how it actually pushes my bolt back above the upper. I have to push the BCG forward to close the lower. The spring ensures that the BCG rides against the buffer weight.

View attachment 555991

View attachment 555989

The BCG ejector is spring loaded and easily pushes forward.

View attachment 555990
Yep, those pictures are what I was wording! Good find. Thanks guys, he solved the problem. Buffer tube wasn't screwed in enough. Happens a lot

Recent Posts