Anyone using USPS to ship long guns? Ship my gun?

In the past before UPS changed their policy, I used them because they were cheaper. I'm lucky and have a hub in my town. One time the guy asked me if it was loaded. I said "No" and he had no more questions and scanned it and it was on its way.

UPS and FedEx both changed their policies last year and require you to have an account and to have your FFL on record with your account. I emailed a few people at UPS to see if an 03FFL would work, but I could never get an answer and they eventually just stopped replying to me.

I just used USPS last month and had no issues at all.

For the people who say just use UPS/FedEx and say it's machine parts of sports equipment... sure, but what do you do if you have to file a claim? They'll deny it saying you violated their policy. Sure, it's not illegal since they are a common carrier, so you won't face legal issues for a lost firearm, but you'll be out the money.

I have also used shipmygun several times. It's great and cheap. So that's my first choice, but not all FFLs are in their system. Getting them added isn't hard, but can add time to the process.

Sorry, if you search this forum there are dozens of threads covering shipping and issues people have had and how they resolved them. I posted a similar thread for you from two days ago. No big deal was just trying to help you find more information.
Thanks, it wasn't my post I was only trying to help as well.

Recent Posts