Anyone tired True Velocity yet?

2 the Plug

Anyone dipped there toes in the composite casing waters yet?

Admittedly I ended up on the sight after learning of the new .338 Norma Light Machine Gun partnership with FN, but at $70 a box, wouldn't be the most foolish ammo experiment I've taken a chance on. Anyone out there that can shorten the learning curve?

Any of the western and sheep hunters, is 30% weight savings per cartridge worth the price of admission? I get it if you're carrying 200+rds and a plate carrier, but to hunt with or for civilian use… I'm running out of reasons other than just because we can. Neat cartridge though, eager to learn more on practical applications.

Cheers!

I can not think of a good reason to use composite case ammo outside of large organizations such as mil or for very mission specific uses. Makes sense for crew served weapons m249 m259 IAR m240 etc. Dropping loadout weight, over all logistical, etc.

But game hunting where you are take no more than a handfull of rounds. The benefit is minor at best and IMO certainly not a net positive.

I agree I can't see a hunting application but with some of the shooting competitions these days I didn't know if it had become something people see at the range.

I have not seen it outside Mil demos. Maybe ask over on M4carbine. There are guys there tied in more with LE & tactical com. If anyone is using or see it those guys would likely know.

I have not seen it outside Mil demos. Maybe ask over on M4carbine. There are guys there tied in more with LE & tactical com. If anyone is using or see it those guys would likely know.
I saw them for sale at Cabela's in Huntsville, Alabama. Iirc $70.00 a box.

Wow interesting. I almost never look at loaded ammo shelves lol. Handload everything I shoot.
Me too ,we were there for my wifes doctor appointment. She was going to be busy for a couple of hours so I hit Cabela's and a few pawnshops just browsing.

Last edited: