Anyone live in NW portion of Missouri

barkley

I have some land leased in NW Missouri and was wanting to plan a bow hunt. The question I was wanting to ask someone was I cant decide when the best time to plan the hunt, do you think maybe early in the season when the soybeans are green or later in the season as the rut comes in. maybe some one around this area could tell me when they have the best luck,any info will be gladly appreciated

I have hunted north MO and south central Ia. for years. My two biggest bow kills were taken on the 11th and the 13th of November. Weather can play huge in rut activity, but if I was planning the trip it would be the second week of Nov. The nice thing about bow hunting the rut is you might see that monster anytime of day. I would for sure think you would definatly see more deer durring rut. Good luck !

Thanks for the info and I have killed some nice ones on the dates you mentioned. Missouri has the rifle season during the rut so I have to take it during those dates to reach out and getthe big ones

I live and hunt in NWMO...you could get lucky anytime!

I believe rifle season will be pushed back a couple of weeks starting this year. (around the thanksgiving holiday)

regulations says gun season starts Saturday Nov 14 thru Nov 24 for 2009. I have studied and talked to some people and they say the closer to Nov the better but I just thought maybe I could pattern one earlier in bow season thanks for the reply

I live in Central Mo, but I hunt in Gentry county in NW Mo. I'v been hunting there for 30+ years Bow and Gun. My hunting vacation this year isOct. 31 thru Nov.8 We've been going the week before gun season for a long time but the last couple years it seems like the rut was a little earlier. So this year were going a week sooner to hope and catch the bucks chasing hot and heavy! Where about are you hunting? Hope this helps

We are leaving the 4th and bowhunt NCent MO until gun then 4 days of gun. Peak chasing is supposed to be from 3-9 Nov and then actual rutting this year. We always have the best luck during the chasing, but it could happen anytime to include midday is great.

BH

I have hunted out there for 3 years in gun season but never have hunted in bow season but I have decieded to go the week before gun season and hunt all the way through gun the end off gun season that away I want miss the rut. Thanks to all the replys

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.