• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

anyone know anything about Clark Armory?

Terry Scott

Recently made an ammunition purchase of what I thought was 17 HMR from the picture posted on their website.
Unfortunately for me it was really for 17HM2. The picture of the product was 17HMR.
Anyway got the wrong ammunition, tried to email and call Clark Armory, no reply in either call or email.
One might think of this as just a mistake on my part, however when you don't get a reply it looks like very poor customer service, bordering on worse deceptive business practice.
additionally had a friend do the same with the same result.
I guess it is buyer beware, but I won't be buying anything else from them.

I bought from them a while back. Everything was received and as started in the add/site. I see they have the HM2 under the same as the HMR. That might of been where you went wrong as the price is usually quite cheaper for HM2. Not sure any companies will return ammo now days. time to build a HM2 10-22đź‘Ť

I built one around 18 years ago and it was great. Can't remember what company I used back then but I am sure there are some around Now. A cheap 10-22, 17HM2 barrel, and a heavy bolt handle and your are golden.

So the pic was wrong-- was the description wrong too?

I have seen companies use "stock photos" and then put a "disclaimer" in their "policies" page that says "photos may not represent actual items sold"

When in doubt I always contact and ask.

If you actually hot ammo from them, I doubt they were trying to scam or deceive-- sounds like either they messed up on the website, or you messed up when ordering---but I'd guess they do jave a "no return policy" on ammo, like most do these days.

Try to resell locally to recoup your losses, or build/buy a new gun.

Looked at their web page under hm2 ammo-- it clearly says the caliber is "hm2" in several places-- but you are correct the pic shows hmr

BUT-- their conditions page clearly states "all sales are final"--- and they also have a "errors" clause in the terms/conditions also. So technically they have the legal upper hand-- but you are right, it is poor cs to not al least reply to your emails or phone calls. If they do answer you, I would expect them to say "sorry but all sales are final". Hopefully they change their "stock photo" soon, but often times web designers do the web page and may not know a nickel from a dime.