Anyone every thought.....How to sell your entire Reloading Setup & Supplies......

If you have no one to leave it too it might be time. I am thinking about doing the same with all but 1 or 2 guns. Political environment has changed , my health not that good. Might go into 22LR rifle and pistol shooting. Don't have to walk as far to check targets and cheaper. MD
LOL, not laughing at you personally., I got back into 22LR last fall, 3 new rifles, one a custom, 2 higher tier scopes, over 2K in steel targets, between the wife and I shooting 200 rds apiece per outing. My cost per outing has basically doubled, .20 ammo in the Bergara, .30 ammo in the Rim X, equals close to 100 in ammo each outing, add the 10-22 for 250 rds, or all mags loaded at .12.
Heck, it is rare i dump a box of 50 LR rds per trip.
Not trying to discourage you, because it is fun. I am at a point in my life i could walk away from LR shooting, these 22's have relit the fire.

I brought this up recently in a similar thread about how to unload your gun collection when you're too old to use it, or how your family can unload it when you are gone, if you don't have heirs or if your heirs have no interest in it.

Amoskeag Auction in Manchester, NH not only buys and sells guns nationally, they also sell all the ammo, scopes, parts, accessories, reloading equipment & supplies, etc in what they used to call their "Silent Auction" and now call their "Online Auction". The Online Auction generates a lot of interest and everything in it gets a lot of bidding. They run about 4 or 5 auctions a year. Amoskeag may refuse to do powders - I don't think I've ever seen powders listed. They may also refuse to take reloaded ammo - they have lots of factory ammo, but I don't recall ever seeing any of their ammo labeled as reloaded. Probably liability issues. I've definitely seen primers listed - they had a huge quantity of them back in 2020 when the primer shortage really got rolling.

I have no heirs, and this is where all my stuff will go.

If you wanted maximum return break it up and sell one item at a time on Ebay or Gun Broker.
^^^This^^^….except my choice would be LRH instead of Gun Broker. I have 2 girls who couldn't care less about shooting, hunting, firearms or reloading. In fact, I think the oldest one (17 yoa) holds me in 'contempt' during hunting season 😐. So, yep….at some point I'll be selling everything….my 'Trader History' kind of indicates that I must have a little fun doing that as well 😂🤣. Geez…

Just a curious question I was pondering just now. Just dropped another $1000 this morning. Got me to thinking, I probably have $30,000 in everything including supplies. You know your not gonna get what its all worth. I guess the best thing one day would be if not passing it on to the kiddos is sell it bit by bit as much as you could. Or just find a buyer for a certain percentage of the value. Really got me to thinking. Firearms are different. I'll pass down the $$$$$$$$ worth of firearms to family and friends.
If I was out of work I would buy it all from you and just spend the next year selling it and I probably take your $30,000 and turn it into $200,000 because Things are crazy I can't believe what I just spent on 50 cases of 4570 breasts should've been 10 bucks unbelievable good luck

Longtine88...
What is your age?
How long have you been shooting? Reloading?
I would think you are going to get a large % your money back, at $30K invested

If I was out of work I would buy it all from you and just spend the next year selling it and I probably take your $30,000 and turn it into $200,000 because Things are crazy I can't believe what I just spent on 50 cases of 4570 breasts should've been 10 bucks unbelievable good luck
If you have the time , and don't mind the shipping part , Selling it in individual parts will bring you more money.
A lot of buyers like gunsmiths , gun show dealers , ebayers,
Want to buy the stuff in bunches or whole boxes full ,or all together,
Then of course they sell it individually ,like you said the market is crazy for gun stuff .

The guy's stuff they sold at auction, was on tables arranged in boxes, and it was auctioned indoors and the tables covered 1/2 of the floor area of the basketball court in the gym of the building. This ole Boy's friends from the Gun Club ,helped his widow with all the stuff. He had died of an accident, no prior planning. Auctioneer did a great job with the sale, fair prices, good deals went to shooters . Pretty sure his wife needed the money, could not afford to give it away and FFL dealer was there to transfer paperwork legal wise.All good!

^^^This^^^….except my choice would be LRH instead of Gun Broker. I have 2 girls who couldn't care less about shooting, hunting, firearms or reloading. In fact, I think the oldest one (17 yoa) holds me in 'contempt' during hunting season 😐. So, yep….at some point I'll be selling everything….my 'Trader History' kind of indicates that I must have a little fun doing that as well 😂🤣. Geez…
Yes, but we're generally cheapskates so for maximum return the others.

Longtine88...
What is your age?
How long have you been shooting? Reloading?
I would think you are going to get a large % your money back, at $30K invested
52 years old. Reloading since I was 12. Been shooting center fires since I was 8. Never really got into long range (over 500) until about 30 years ago. It's fixing to get worse. Done made up my mind to buy a lathe and mill and when I get ready I'm going to start chambering some barrels so I think I'm fixing to sink another $25k or so. Expensive hobby but ain't it fun.

I
Just a curious question I was pondering just now. Just dropped another $1000 this morning. Got me to thinking, I probably have $30,000 in everything including supplies. You know your not gonna get what its all worth. I guess the best thing one day would be if not passing it on to the kiddos is sell it bit by bit as much as you could. Or just find a buyer for a certain percentage of the value. Really got me to thinking. Firearms are different. I'll pass down the $$$$$$$$ worth of firearms to family and friends.
Just the other day a friend asked me how much it cost to reload? He wanted to save money on ammo.He is not a competitive shooter.I said man you ain't saving any money by reloading Ya just get better ammo to fit your gun.
He asked how much have I spent on all my reloading stuff? I have in the neighborhood of $50K .n reloading and that's probably a conservative number.
I doubt you would ever get half of it back in selling it in a bulk form Longtine88.. People never want to pay a good price on anything used unless its a winning race horse..lol

WELL them 50 cases of 4570 BREASTS you sure could get a good turn around in Silicon Valley 😝 😝 ;):cool: 👍

Recent Posts