Anyone “stuck in a certain timeframe”?

Grew up in upstate NY not far from Ilion where Remington is. Everyone always had a Rem 700 and or an 870 for shotgun territory for hunting. I still have both as they were my first. 27 years later I have bought and sold dozens of rifles, mostly marketing hype that gets me. Try this new rifle, amazing, shoots lights out, and I do lol. Some along the way I have kept because they are shooters but most I have not, the Rems will always remain my favorite. My 700 with almost anything I put through it just flat out shoots, always under an inch and under 1/2 when I do my part with what it really likes. Hard to imagine, rifle from that long ago not being 5k dollars can shoot with the best on the market today. They just don't make them like they used to

Cars? Give me late 60's early, very early 70's
Music? I'm all over the board.
Rifles? Same but lean towards newer customs as I've seemed to have been there done that.
Rifle scopes? I seem to be stuck with leupold. Trying to branch out but really like what ones I have. = but I will say, I branched out to a March and am really loving in but I am very aware that the March is in a totally different class

For me, guns are like tools. I don't get too attached to most of them. Constantly changing, upgrading, trying something new. Having said that, there are a couple of guns that I have developed an attachment with - and those I will never sell:
1) my grandpa's custom 270 Win built on german Mauser action (still has Nazi cartouche on sideof action). In early 1950's in southern AZ, grandpa just happened to give a hunter a ride back to his truck. Along the way, this hunter extolled the virtues of the 270 and then wrote down the specs for the build. This hunter turned out to be Jack O'Connor.
2) a new offering by Colt: a 10mm built on a 1911 frame called the Delta Elite. It's a gen 1 with one of the lower serial numbers out there. That one is geting buried with me.

Cars? Give me late 60's early, very early 70's
Music? I'm all over the board.
Rifles? Same but lean towards newer customs as I've seemed to have been there done that.
Rifle scopes? I seem to be stuck with leupold. Trying to branch out but really like what ones I have. = but I will say, I branched out to a March and am really loving in but I am very aware that the March is in a totally different class
1911's in 45 ACP and rifles in .257 Robert's, along with a trusty .308 shooting handloaded 165 grain Nosler Partitions handles most of my needs. Can't see a 6.5 PRC is any better than my 6.5X284. Nor does the 6.5 Creed exceed my .260 Rem handloads (formed off .308 brass). Then there's my 1895 Winchester in .405 Winchester. Beautiful in the hand and a pleasure to shoot. I 'm not saying I haven't bought and sold many dozens of the "newest, bestest, fastest (such as a 7.82 Warbird), but the old staples are the keepers.

I've owned several old firearms over the years even had a nice collection of 1800's octagon barreled Winchesters. But for some reason as iconic as it is and as much as I have admired it I had never owned the Savage 99 in the classic 300 Savage. So I set out on a mission to purchase one and after 4 attempts on gunbroker I finally found the perfect rifle for me. A 1949 model in good working order has been hunted and carried but taken good care of. All original no add one, never been drilled. Perfect for me as I intend to take a whitetail deer with it this season in the Alabama woods on my property. I think we're gonna have a lot of fun together with the time God blesses me with.

Attachments

• 20240905_170110.jpg
    20240905_170110.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 32
I call it tradition, also, why fix what ain't broke.
I have 2 new cartridge designs, the 6.5x47 Lapua and 300RUM, but have made my own designs on a cartridge that beat them all way back in 1912…the 416 Rigby case is still a design that is tomorrow. It just works with little Improvement…can run the same pressures as modern designs and doesn't have any issues to speak of.

Cheers.
I love tradition also with rifles and shotguns I still shot from back in the early 70's era!!
Old Mossberg 12ga pump and Win 70 in 300win mag.. I built many new rifles over the years because I can. Getting older I've slowed down building any more. But sense you mention 416 my buddy shoots this in competition 1000yd-2 mile stuff. Can't get pic to upload!! Shooting 550 CE Lazers and 550 Warner Flat Line bullets.

I've owned several old firearms over the years even had a nice collection of 1800's octagon barreled Winchesters. But for some reason as iconic as it is and as much as I have admired it I had never owned the Savage 99 in the classic 300 Savage. So I set out on a mission to purchase one and after 4 attempts on gunbroker I finally found the perfect rifle for me. A 1949 model in good working order has been hunted and carried but taken good care of. All original no add one, never been drilled. Perfect for me as I intend to take a whitetail deer with it this season in the Alabama woods on my property. I think we're gonna have a lot of fun together with the time God blesses me with.
Love to be there when you do I'm an alabama resident also. great lever action rifle you got there will you be putting a scope on it.

Love to be there when you do I'm an alabama resident also. great lever action rifle you got there will you be putting a scope on it.
Absolutely not! This old girl will stay original. I had a hard time finding one that was still intact. Open sights anything with 150yds will be in serious trouble.