Any Nor Cal hunters here?

KSB209

I'm in Northern CA and have a lack of buddies that can commit to a few days during the season. Would like to find others in the area that have the drive to go out and hike into various areas to hunt. I've been applying for X8 but always seem to get my fall back D3-5. I plan to hike back into a few lakes off Hwy-88 this year if I don't draw X8. Just curious if anyone on the board is interested. I may go for archery too but if I don't make that I plan at least 1 or 2 trips back during rifle season.

SJ = San Jose?? I know Pali Cedro and La Tour forest pretty well. I used to hunt up there but it is a long drive for a weekend trip. Saw the best deer of my life up there about 5 years ago. I didn't have a shot. Well not an ethical shot so I had to let him go. I saw 5 points on one side and at least 4 on the other. Only shot I had was the top half of his head from about 50 yards away. I just didn't think I was right to pull the trigger on that so I spent the next 3 days looking for him and went home empty handed

C66AB796-E0AE-4BE6-B445-51CDEBC87B31.jpeg

Got my new bird dog up there by Marysville. Dustins Retreivers. Guess what his name is…..Weller