Any input on the “best” 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter ?

Buckfever34

I'm wanting to run my TBAC Ultra 7 on my Gunwerks 7SAUM. The rifle has a thin profile bbl so it's threaded 1/2x28. I don't like the idea of an adapter but short of sending it back to TBAC to change it out I don't have any options—and doing that would keep from being able to use it on my 5/8 rifles.

Any thoughts ?

All Ultra 7's are the same (qd or direct thread). They just locktite a brake in the direct thread version. Send it in, get them to unscrew the brake and buy a 1/2x28 brake, and use it qd. Call and ask them about it. I've got one, was my favorite can for years.

Last edited:
I'm wanting to run my TBAC Ultra 7 on my Gunwerks 7SAUM. The rifle has a thin profile bbl so it's threaded 1/2x28. I don't like the idea of an adapter but short of sending it back to TBAC to change it out I don't have any options—and doing that would keep from being able to use it on my 5/8 rifles.

Any thoughts ?
Another option for your consideration is to have a reputable GS do this ...

Good luck!

These are what I use on my rifles and have had no problems. Have several and just leave them on the rifles and screw on my suppressor when ready to shoot one.
From Silencer Central.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.png
    IMG_0446.png
    334 KB · Views: 20
Hughes precision as previously recommended is the "go to" for this adapter. When the wait times were long for suppressors, this was the answer to getting several rifles suppressed. High quality, concentric adapters.
That word in there about "concentric" is key. I had my guy permanently affix an adapter with a shoulder for my direct-thread cans on skinny barrel rifles.

Recent Posts