Any Garmin Montana 600 - 650 - 650t users yet?

drbill

Hey has anyone got their hands on a new Garmin Montana 600, 650, or 650t yet? I played with one at Cabela's the other day and looks like it will cross from vehicle to hunting easily. Just wondering if anyone has one and if you have used it much yet?

I just bought a 650 and a heart rate monitor strap. The Montana and Oregon series GPS unit have the capability to monitor your heart rate. With that said you can claim it as a medical monitor and pay for it through your Flexible Spending Account with tax free dollars if you have one. I have yet to down load 1-24000 TOPO maps from Birdseye a yearly subscription mapping service which cost $30 a year. Once you have a map downloaded on your hard drive or a micro SD card it's yours, and there is no limit on how much you down load. The montana 650 itself is great you can jump from screen to screen with just a touch of your finger and change what you want to see. The screen size is the best aspect of the 650. You can see some really good You Tube video on the capabilities of the 650.

I have one of the 650T with the 24.000 topo maps and I like it a lot. I am 56 so my close vision is a little off and I have paws for hands but I am able to use it with a minumal of problems. I usually change things around whe I get home using BaceCamp. I use it strictly on the offroad and hiking.

Yeah, I splurged and got the 650t, 24k topos for my area, Birdseye images, and City Navigator. Easy to use as a Nuvi for driving, switch profiles to rec and hike to the location, or geocache. Yeah, I geocache too, which is a blast with the family. Long and short, the 650t is perfect, BUT bulky to hike with. Whatever, I still love it.

I was thinking about getting one, but have read some bad reviews. Dont know up from down either?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.